• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running apps

Can anyone recommend a decent app for starting to run? I started last year with Couch to 5 K from the NHS but for some reason it doesn't work on my phone and I need to start again from scratch. Any tips?
Ta

If it’s recording your run that you want then Strava is the most common used and is a good app to have

If starting off then Couch to 5k/10k is by far the best app I have had

Map my run is very good once you run often and become more confident, no need to pay premium the freebie is as good, show splits, elevation

Perhaps a SZ running club if we could all meet at a certain point/time

As long as no one left behind and we finish to- gether

Perhaps a SZ running club if we could all meet at a certain point/time

As long as no one left behind and we finish to- gether

As per SZ folklore, you’ll need someone who’s young, pacy & hungry up front though.

I have a TomTom, that links to Strava. I'm not really into times, its more distance, how well you run and whether you enjoy it that counts.

As for routes, Sunday morning is either Gunners to anything as far as Chalkwell Station and back (11 and a bit miles) or laps of Belton Way for 2 hours. Anyone is welcome to join me as I've lost usual running mate coz he moved back to Burnley!

Saturday is Parkrun, and for anyone thinking of starting running, strongly recommend that. Really friendly, everyone supports and because there is always a tail walker, you can't come last :) It's where I started and got the confidence to go further and further......

I have a TomTom, that links to Strava. I'm not really into times, its more distance, how well you run and whether you enjoy it that counts.

As for routes, Sunday morning is either Gunners to anything as far as Chalkwell Station and back (11 and a bit miles) or laps of Belton Way for 2 hours. Anyone is welcome to join me as I've lost usual running mate coz he moved back to Burnley!

Saturday is Parkrun, and for anyone thinking of starting running, strongly recommend that. Really friendly, everyone supports and because there is always a tail walker, you can't come last :) It's where I started and got the confidence to go further and further......
I do that route on Sunday's but in reverse! I'd love to start doing Parkrun but it always clashes with the boy's football training.

Back