• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
It would appear there is a quite a few of us that are into running. We seem to be taking over the ‘what is making you happy’ thread. I thought I would start up a thread just for running chat.

I have a question for you all, what do you use to hold your phone? Currently I use an armband but I find them uncomfortable and am looking to replace with something else. I am considering getting one of these as they’re getting rave reviews:

I run for pleasure, and hardly pay attention to distances/times. I will sometimes use a plain wristwatch and can find I run from 20 minutes to an hour. Seem to do about 3 runs per week ever since this virus.

Never felt a need to strap my phone to myself and log my runs, although that vest looks like it would be more comfortable.

It would appear there is a quite a few of us that are into running. We seem to be taking over the ‘what is making you happy’ thread. I thought I would start up a thread just for running chat.

I have a question for you all, what do you use to hold your phone? Currently I use an armband but I find them uncomfortable and am looking to replace with something else. I am considering getting one of these as they’re getting rave reviews:

I bought an armband but didn't get on with it - I found it uncomfortable too. Plus I like to monitor my pace whilst running, so I just hold mine in my left hand. I find I can run 10 miles holding it quite comfortably.

Used to use an armband for phone but did not really find it that comfortable. As these last few months I have been running more I got a Garmin watch to track miles, steps, heart rate etc. Not that fussed about listening to music when running so for me this watch works well and is quite motivational.

I forgot to add I use my phone to not only track my runs but also to play my music.

Used to use an armband for phone but did not really find it that comfortable. As these last few months I have been running more I got a Garmin watch to track miles, steps, heart rate etc. Not that fussed about listening to music when running so for me this watch works well and is quite motivational.
I'm weighing up getting a Garmin - I never listen to music when running so I'm happy to leave the phone at home.

Started running again but I'm so bad these days. Haven't done it when it got warm so maybe I'll get back on it this week. Can do no more than 5K/40 mins or my legs give up.

These days I don't carry my phone. I hate the idea of an armband because they would slip, but when I did, I put it in the zipped pocket at the back of my shorts. It was a very tight fit, but just about ok.

As it happens I've just upgraded to a Fitbit Charge 4 which has built in GPS so I don't need to carry my phone, especially as I've never really liked the idea of running to music.

Whilst we're all here, can we talk nipple rash? I use Vaseline. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Yep can’t beat a good run to set you up for the day, over April and may ive done well over 20 runs which range from 3.5 miles to 7 miles until I picked up a Achilles injury at the end of may so I’m giving another go on Monday morning, nice 4.30 am run b4 many folk are about:Thumbs up:

Whilst we're all here, can we talk nipple rash? I use Vaseline. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Never really had an issue until this morning! Not sure if it was because it was a new t shirt or a longer run but it was ****ing painful. I put plasters over them when I ran the London Marathon.

I don't listen to any music while out running, perhaps it would help but to me it just seems odd.

Up to an 8k run 5 days per week, one quick(ish) 5k, and one rest day which is a nice slow plod of a walk for abour 90mins.

5k runs now under 25 mins and did my last 8k in 40 mins

There are plenty of Garmin watches out there from basic run data upto multi sport types. It’s much better than holding your phone which will cause you to run with an incorrect arm action / balance...and not ideal in the wet !!

The latest fitbits have GPS and tracking, some also have music facilities and are waterproof.
As for running I much prefer off road so trail shoes for me, Brooks or asics.

Back