• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rush job

Rush would need to be alongside Acquah and so really two up top. No point anyone other than Acquah up top at the moment- some seem to think Acquah encourages hoof ball. Absolutely not true. All the evidence you need is when Holmes was thrown up top. Despite being 5"6" or whatever nothing changed and the same ball were lumped up top regardless. and so it would be with the similarly diminutive Rush. it is bizarre he is not even on the bench. But then we have an allergy to forwards of all descriptions.

from outside looking in - put him on the bench - he at least knows where the goals are.
Imagine a scenario where you're already relegated and you then play him in the last 2 or 3 games and he bangs in a couple of goals - can you imagine the outcry from the fans then....

I would rather continue with Acquah than entertain Halford starting. Each time Ricky Holmes starts he gets a bit fitter and I would much rather continue with him than others mentioned. By all means have Rush on the bench but it's too much pressure on the lad to start him, look what we've done to Emile's confidence.

I totally agree with this actually RHB. Would love to see him start, but what’s the point when the poor lad will have his confidence crushed if he doesn’t cut the mustard? So many will see him as the savour of our season and he’ll be called out left, right and centre if he isn’t. I’ve stuck up for and praised Emile Acquah all season, partly because I think he’s a good lad, but mostly because the abuse levelled his way has been appalling.

I know it’s a bit unrelated to this thread, but whoever is responsible for the @Enraged_Emile Twitter profile that’s popped up recently really needs to give their head a wobble. It’s not funny and it’s not remotely helpful at the moment. Especially when they’re banging on about him being the worst pro footballer in the football league and directly tweeting the likes of Akinola, Rush, Clifford, Klass etc. a load of ****. It’s embarrassing and won’t help us in the slightest at the moment. What are Emile and others supposed to think when they see that? But I suppose it says it all when one of the 6 followers of that account has a profile picture of Ron Martin hanging at the end of a noose.

I despair sometimes ??‍♂️

I would like to see Acquah and Holmes up front. I personally feel it is the best option we have at the moment, certainly with Rush on the bench. Why not bring him on in the second-half, there really isn't pressure because the feeling is, we've blown it already. The big problem is, with no creativity and drive from midfield, it honestly doesn't matter who we have up front.
Saturday was embarrassing not so much for the defeat but for the sheer desperation, especially the second-half substitutions, which appeared to be 'throw anyone on' in the hope it might work..............which, of course, it didn't.

I totally agree with this actually RHB. Would love to see him start, but what’s the point when the poor lad will have his confidence crushed if he doesn’t cut the mustard? So many will see him as the savour of our season and he’ll be called out left, right and centre if he isn’t. I’ve stuck up for and praised Emile Acquah all season, partly because I think he’s a good lad, but mostly because the abuse levelled his way has been appalling.

I know it’s a bit unrelated to this thread, but whoever is responsible for the @Enraged_Emile Twitter profile that’s popped up recently really needs to give their head a wobble. It’s not funny and it’s not remotely helpful at the moment. Especially when they’re banging on about him being the worst pro footballer in the football league and directly tweeting the likes of Akinola, Rush, Clifford, Klass etc. a load of ****. It’s embarrassing and won’t help us in the slightest at the moment. What are Emile and others supposed to think when they see that? But I suppose it says it all when one of the 6 followers of that account has a profile picture of Ron Martin hanging at the end of a noose.

I despair sometimes ??‍♂️
I wanted to mention this account too, I have reported it and would urge others to do the same. Please get behind Emile, its not good for him to see people deliberately go to such lengths to send hate.

I would like to see Acquah and Holmes up front. I personally feel it is the best option we have at the moment, certainly with Rush on the bench. Why not bring him on in the second-half, there really isn't pressure because the feeling is, we've blown it already. The big problem is, with no creativity and drive from midfield, it honestly doesn't matter who we have up front.
Saturday was embarrassing not so much for the defeat but for the sheer desperation, especially the second-half substitutions, which appeared to be 'throw anyone on' in the hope it might work..............which, of course, it didn't.
Great suggestions but our manager is Mark Molesley , possibly one of the most unexiting, clueless managers in the Football League!

Was he injured at tonbridge? I see the loan spell there this season he okayed one game and scored one goal? Any idea what happened?

Was he injured at tonbridge? I see the loan spell there this season he okayed one game and scored one goal? Any idea what happened?

He played twice on loan at Tonbridge, but they were the only two matches they played during his four-week loan spell there. After that they had one further match before the National League South season was curtailed.

What's the worst that can appen if we play Rush. He's played in the first team before, he's not 16 and some callow youth.
A good manager would start him and get him to work his socks off for at least a half, next to maybe Dieng, with no pressure. Just get out there and enjoy yourself. Then give Egbri a go. It seems obvious that whoever we play run out of ideas, and steam, after about 30 mins as last night at that point we had 6 shots, 2 on target and the next hour we did bugger all

I'm guessing MM will look an idiot should Rush do well and score or create a goal. Questions would be asked why he froze him out all season.

Back