• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone actually watch the Big Fat Anniversary of the year? I thought Russell Brand was hilarious on it him and Noel Fielding are a brilliant double act. Personally I saw the comment as tongue in cheek, out of all the jokes throughout the night thought that maybe Jimmy Carr saying "One Directions - What makes you beautiful released on September 11th is the worst thing to happen on that day" would of caused more of an uproar.

I used to like but think he's become so self important that he's become a parody. Says stuff purely to get a reaction now.

Used to like Brand when he was a comedian, but his political twaddle is doing my tits. Totally embarrassed himself on Question Time

Used to like Brand when he was a comedian, but his political twaddle is doing my tits. Totally embarrassed himself on Question Time

Isn't it all the same thing? He's an entertainer and he's looking for publicity/payment in every opportunity.

If he's serious about politics, then as many people have mentioned, he should run for parliament.

That story's just a bit weird really, isn't it? It's not as if he said it during a political rally or during a speech he'd organised, it was a throwaway comment made during a panel show. Ed Balls was mentioned, Brand gave his opinion of him when asked. Just seems like the Mail's attempt to have another pop at him over his "shock" comments.

I'm far from Brand's biggest fan, he seems thoroughly misguided at the moment, but that story's just odd.

One of the biggest idiots around, just the sound of his voice makes me wanna sick carrots:'(

Can't stand brand, but is it that bad a thing for people to say what they really think of politicians. Plenty do it on here.

I like the guy, he's not a politician and he does make the odd gaff but he does campaign for good causes and I think his heart is in the right place.

Brand and Fielding made the big fat quiz, both funny guys

I wish more West Ham fans were effete left leaning liberals rather than fat shaven headed louts.

How come he is not on SZ then ? :winking:

Hardly scientific evidence I know, but I noticed two of my fellow travellers (geddit?) on the EJ flight back to Barna from SEN had a copy of his Revolution with them (obviously a popular Xmas pressie).

Have to confess I also have a copy (but haven't got round to reading it yet).

I really like the guy. He speaks his mind and actually answers a question, something NO politician seems capable of these days. He is ruffling a few feathers in the corrupt nest that is politics these days, Those who don't like him are either staunch Tories or prefer real matters being hidden from public agenda. We need more like him IMO to wake this country up and see the ruling parties for what they are...Self serving, short term egotistical *****.

It's a bit of a paradox for some capitalists as they knock him on one hand yet admire him for making so much money out of it all.ha ha.

Self serving, short term egotistical *****.

He's not that bad JC.....

I've not read his book, nor will , but he isn't the answer - but what is? Self serving politicians are nothing new - politics have done nothing but bred corruption from it's invention. The human race will never live in an Utopian state and Brand (probably) provides simplistic answers to incredibly complex themes.

He is a saint compared to that lot in Westmonster Paul. It would be interesting if some who have posted in this thread actually state what he has said wrong?

Maybe - but we're not in a bloody civil war, most of us know where our next meal is coming from, can switch our heating on and are (relatively) free to live our lives the way we want to. What's the alternative?

Back