• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Russia Bombings

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I can't believe so many people in this country got their knickers in a twist about our bombing of ISIS, in case of innocents getting killed or displaced.
And yet Russia are actually targeting anyone against Assad, which are normally based amongst the normal civilians. They are bombing and killing and maiming peaceful men, women and children every day, as well as the anti-Assad forces, causing even more migration. Destroying towns and villages. They are doing this every day, yet no one seems to say a word.
They have dropped thousands of bombs so far according to an expert. Yet you watch the outcry and demonstrations if just one of our bombs hits civilians by mistake.
Where are the demonstrations and outcry against Russia, and what they are doing right now?

I can't believe so many people in this country got their knickers in a twist about our bombing of ISIS, in case of innocents getting killed or displaced.
And yet Russia are actually targeting anyone against Assad, which are normally based amongst the normal civilians. They are bombing and killing and maiming peaceful men, women and children every day, as well as the anti-Assad forces, causing even more migration. Destroying towns and villages. They are doing this every day, yet no one seems to say a word.
They have dropped thousands of bombs so far according to an expert. Yet you watch the outcry and demonstrations if just one of our bombs hits civilians by mistake.
Where are the demonstrations and outcry against Russia, and what they are doing right now?

Russia's involvement in the region is disgusting but the other nations are **** scared of them. We have nuclear weapons and fat lot of good that is in terms of curtailing Russia's actions in Syria and Ukraine. The other world leaders mumble disapproval and do little else it seems.

In Syria though - exactly who are we backing? That was never made clear because there isn't really an end plan, just token bombing. Russia have an end plan - Assad. And the disgrace goes on.

The lack of public outcry though is pretty much for the same reasons - it's Russia, shrug, what ya gonna do?

Nobody ****s with Vlad

dc2100f1c1cb1bf7cfd321ed2520986c.600x.jpg

I would have been more impressed with C4's news coverage of the Russian Bombing in Syria earlier this evening, if they'd also mentioned the number of civilian deaths caused by allied bombing, as well as that by the Russians.

Or don't we ever hit any civilians by mistake? :unsure:

The west want rid of Assad,But Putin says no.
The west back whoever they want,Putin bombs them.

Putin and Assad have been chummy for year's,the ME is a right mess.

The west want rid of Assad,But Putin says no.
The west back whoever they want,Putin bombs them.

Putin and Assad have been chummy for year's,the ME is a right mess.

I could just hear Donald Trump saying this mrsb. Have you thought about applying to be one of his campaign advisors?

if, BIG IF, the West hadn't armed the anti-Assad lot, or before that the Mujahadeen against USSR, South Viet etc, would the conflicts be concluded? would there be less loss of lives? would the regimes have evolved to some better degree than what is happening now?
Unless the interceding power is able & willing to truly go in and sort the mess out then these places should, largely be left to sort their own problems.
For the UK, IMO, we only should be involved in messes that have something to do with us (recent times as I am aware we have tinkered in Afghan/Persia 100 years ago), UNLESS there is a real plan and real end goals from start to finish.
Russia is bombing in Syria to display it's power to the ME and also to divert things from it's other objectives in Ukraine, Chechyna and some of the Stans.

I could just hear Donald Trump saying this mrsb. Have you thought about applying to be one of his campaign advisors?

Truth is RHB,

The west decide who are terrorists or freedom fighters.

Putin sees anyone trying to overthrow Assad as a terrorist.He has a point.

I would have been more impressed with C4's news coverage of the Russian Bombing in Syria earlier this evening, if they'd also mentioned the number of civilian deaths caused by allied bombing, as well as that by the Russians.

Or don't we ever hit any civilians by mistake? :unsure:

I guess that's the difference. We may well hit civilians by mistake, but that is a whole lot less bad than intentionally hitting civilians.

Granted the outcome for the victims is the same tagic end, but you're obviously going to kill more civilians if you aim for them rather than hit them by accident.

I guess that's the difference. We may well hit civilians by mistake, but that is a whole lot less bad than intentionally hitting civilians.

Granted the outcome for the victims is the same tagic end, but you're obviously going to kill more civilians if you aim for them rather than hit them by accident.

I doubt if the Russians would admit to deliberately targetting civilians or if this could ever be proved.

I presume you're familiar with the concept of "collateral damage?"

I doubt if the Russians would admit to deliberately targetting civilians or if this could ever be proved.

I presume you're familiar with the concept of "collateral damage?"

I'm not sure of the point you're making. Didn't I say that civilians may be hit by accident?

if, BIG IF, the West hadn't armed the anti-Assad lot, or before that the Mujahadeen against USSR, South Viet etc, would the conflicts be concluded? would there be less loss of lives? would the regimes have evolved to some better degree than what is happening now?
Unless the interceding power is able & willing to truly go in and sort the mess out then these places should, largely be left to sort their own problems.
For the UK, IMO, we only should be involved in messes that have something to do with us (recent times as I am aware we have tinkered in Afghan/Persia 100 years ago), UNLESS there is a real plan and real end goals from start to finish.
Russia is bombing in Syria to display it's power to the ME and also to divert things from it's other objectives in Ukraine, Chechyna and some of the Stans.

Do we stand by and let Muslims slaughter all Christians, and any Muslims that don't see it their way? It has also got something to do with us because Syrians are arriving legally and illegally daily in this country, because of the conflict. We not only foot the bill, but it has a knock on effect on our schools, the NHS and housing.

Russia have hit 2 Hospitals and 2 Schools today. Chanel 4 news wouldn't show footage of one of the schools as it was too shocking, with children's body parts everywhere.

Back