• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Russian Plane crash now suspected bomb. What next?

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Wasn't sure whether to put here or in Politics forum. I'm starting to lose faith. The war on terror is 14 years old and I would argue that terrorism on a global scale is worse now than it was in 2001

Wiki is trying to tell me otherwise but I don't feel the world to be a safer place https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror. If anything the atrocities committed by both sides in the Middle East, including the so-called moderates are increasing in their barbarity. Thoughts?

Interesting post. I don't think terrorism can ever be beaten. It only takes a lone wolf to cause mayhem - and there are thousands of those.

Interesting post. I don't think terrorism can ever be beaten. It only takes a lone wolf to cause mayhem - and there are thousands of those.

I think we seem to be doing a good job of making more terrorists by continuing to drop bombs on civilians.

Sadly too many people in the west profit from the continued 'war on terror'.

Is it possible that as British Intelligence knows so much about this that it might be they they planted the bomb aboard. This would have three reasons: 1. It would possible make Russia up its anti in bombing ISIS targets, not just anti-Assad ones in Syria; 2. Payback time for the Russian rebels downing the Malaysian jet over Ukraine; and 3. Allowing the British Goverment to make the case for bombing Syria (and the Defence Secretary Michael Hawk-Fallon has already said it is morally unjustifiable not to do).

In answer to C C CSiders: British intelligence knows what it hears on phone intercepts, web snooping and uc agents; to imagine it as a Western conspiracy is, IMO, clutching too far.
This airport/area has been high risk and worth monitoring for a long time and the beach murders have shown that all Arab states (and maybe African) are front lines.
This is terrorism BUT it is also war.
We, the UK, didn't keep far enough from it; and I am slightly pleased that some of the guardians of our society are looking further than our borders to ensure safety.

If there was a bomb placed on the plane, sadly it would'nt surprise me.

Me and the Mrs travelled to Sharm El Sheikh along with another couple this time last year for a bit of last winter sun. Anyway our friend left his own company laptop & £2,000 in cash in the over head locker on the plane, and he didnt realise that he forgot it until we got into the arrivals hall looking for our driver that we arranged to collect us and take us to the hotel. Long story short, he made it back through customs, back through the luggage hall, and back through Passport Control and then walked back onto the aircraft without being challenged, obviously he collected his belongings and made it back to the arrivals hall again. Still to this day, I always wondered how this was possible.

The War on Terror is 14 years old ???

Oh that's right, because the USA allowed Noraid to be a registered Charity, they don't count the IRA as terrorists....

Terrorists (or Freedom fighters, revolutionaries, resistance , etc , what ever you choose to call them) have been around for centuries, in fact I am sure that had the media been what it is today, those fighting for Independence from good old Blighty in America , would have been classed as Terrorists ....

A very fair point Fire but I was using the term coined after Sept 11th attacks for the purposes of this. Another interesting question. What would have happened if social media existed during the crusades?

A very fair point Fire but I was using the term coined after Sept 11th attacks for the purposes of this. Another interesting question. What would have happened if social media existed during the crusades?

They would never had happened because people would have been too busy inviting their friends to play Candy Crush Saga.

Tony Blair would have said that there was evidence for Grails of Mass Destruction

To be honest i am surprised that this kind of soft target has not been hit more often over the years,terrible way to die being sucked out of a falling plane or taking minutes to hit the ground knowing your fate,rip to them all,so very sad.
Bad day at work jam man?

Is this the first time Russian civilians have been targeted? I just wonder what Putin is planning because I can't see him taking this kind of attack without retaliation of some kind.

What next? Putin will do unto the Muslims what God did unto the sodomites. And good luck to him.

break_original.jpg

Is this the first time Russian civilians have been targeted? I just wonder what Putin is planning because I can't see him taking this kind of attack without retaliation of some kind.
I think the Chechniyan rebels bombed a couple of planes a few years ago. Edit..two domestic flights from Moscow in 2004
Can you retaliate against a retaliation ?I am sure that this would not have occurred had Russia not started bombing in Syria.

You can't fight and defeat a radical and misguided ideology with guns and bombs. It's that simple. You may kill 6 with one bomb from 25 thousand feet but there will always be another six waiting in the wings to take their place. There will always be another willing to strap a few kilos of Semtex to his/her chest and take out whatever icon of Western democracy he/she deems fit. There will always be a radical opponent the West will give some new name to to partially justify the 'War on Terror' as it's become known and let's not forget for one side of the argument at least this is a religious war and religious wars have a habit of lasting centuries, not just years.

We're all in for a very rough ride indeed for generations to come.

Back