• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's not much to say anymore. Even the most pink-hued of the rose-tinted spectacle brigade are joining us in the realist corner - our beloved club is well and truly ****ed.

I'm not going to post a rallying cry - I know we'll get behind the team if by some miracle we're able to get a team out on the park this season. I'm also not intent on adding to the criticism of the current club ownership - I've made my feelings clear in the past and they haven't changed. Mr Martin was happy to soak up the adulation when all was rosey in the garden, he must also be ready to accept the abuse when all that we can see and smell is the dung that currently lies on the fallow ground of SUFC. We have no money, no players, no credibility and no hope of a successful season. The best we can hope for is survival. I'd gladly trade any hope of England advancing in the World Cup for a 22nd place finish in League 2 and a team to support in 2011.

We can all agree that Adam and Macca leaving makes sense financially and that neither player impressed last season, but in the current climate, it just reeks of financial desperation and a club on the verge of extinction.

On October 31 of this year, it will be the thirtieth anniversary of my first Blues' match, a 2-0 home victory over Stockport. I'm hoping and praying that we play County again in August. This club is part of my very being - some of the iconic moments of my life have played out against the backdrop of Southend United Football Club. I'll never forget the second time I saw my father in tears after Benji put the ball in the Bury net (the first time was when Elvis died), or having the pain of the break up of a marriage soothed by the epic LDV cup run and victory over the Col Ewe scum in 2004.

Maybe our club doesn't have an epic history or a worldwide fanbase, but for me and most of you, it's incredibly important. We need SUFC to survive, to live to fight another day, to give us the brief moments of joy that are oh so sweet. Mr Martin, I implore you, you must do whatever you can to keep us afloat. Please don't let our club die.

Pretty much says it all, the old man and me have been to Bury, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday, Everton, Chelsea, Millenium (x3), etc etc etc...25 years we've spent following Southend around the country together, just as with so many of you on this website. It saddens me that one mans unending dream to make millions is in danger of preventing me from doing the same with my two sons.

Pretty much says it all, the old man and me have been to Bury, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday, Everton, Chelsea, Millenium (x3), etc etc etc...25 years we've spent following Southend around the country together, just as with so many of you on this website. It saddens me that one mans unending dream to make millions is in danger of preventing me from doing the same with my two sons.

Part of me thinks making my children support Southend is akin to David Cameron sending his kids to state schools and having them treated on the NHS -i.e. for my/his benefit - not theirs.

Back