• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Auger

No doubt Mr Brown was too busy topping up his tan to tell the lad to his face that he would not be offered a contract.

He will be a Ryman league player at best, as with many of the pro players we offer deals to they are almost token gestures to look like the youth section is producing...all comes down to politics.

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co...eady-bounce/story-22756654-detail/story.html?

How can you be released when you don't have a contract? Still it makes for a better story i guess........

There are two things: a contract and a registration. You can be a non-contract player but the club still holds your registration. We've signed a few players on this basis over the years - Carl Beeston, Robert Codner and we've released a few from their contract but retained their registration - David Roche the most obvious example.

When you are under 24 and out of contract the club is entitled to compensation if you sign a contract with another club and haven't been released. Although I think the club has to have made an offer for this to apply.

You can also sign a contract and not be registered, which is IIRC what happened when we were under embargo in Sturrock's first summer and no-one got registered until a couple of days before the season.

He will be a Ryman league player at best, as with many of the pro players we offer deals to they are almost token gestures to look like the youth section is producing...all comes down to politics.

Whilst I agree that is true (I think it help improves our academy rating if we show more products get professional contracts), I thought Auger had more about him than most of our youth team products. Now he's fallen out of full-time football though it will be difficult for him to make it back as he will fall behind those who train full-time.

But if we do have anyone with genuine talent in our academy, they get nicked by a premier league side at the age of 15. As such the chance of producing anyone decent from what's left is limited. We need to wait until they are 20, have failed at the highest level, and are then happy to come back to us.

Strictly speaking Auger was released last May and I suspect was probably told face-to-face. He was invited back to train with us - in effect a trialist- and it's probably that he wouldn't be offered a deal after his trial that he found out about via twitter - but even so if true and given he was with us since 11, could have been done a bit more sensitively.

Could never work out why we invited him back for pre season. Surely Brown had seen enough in training and behind closed doors games last year.

The fact he only looked half decent* against the likes of Wakering and Billericay tells its own story.

(*and thats being kind)

Could never work out why we invited him back for pre season. Surely Brown had seen enough in training and behind closed doors games last year.

The fact he only looked half decent* against the likes of Wakering and Billericay tells its own story.

(*and thats being kind)

Could be more down to doing them a favour by giving them a pre-season until another club signs them up.

(*and thats being kind)
May have looked different from your lofty perspective but I though he did pretty well in both games, looked fit and hungry in that first game at Wakering and was very unlucky to pick up that injury at Billericay, which then ruled him out and possibly could have cost him the last chance he had.

If Brown had made up his mind, why was Auger allowed to participate in the signing and stuff at MTBD?

A decision was obviously made on Auger, otherwise why did the club feel the need to confirm that he was not to be offered a contract via Twitter? Not, at least, giving him the courtesy of a chat prior to that is fairly shameful, regardless of how much of a prospect he was.

I shall refuse to believe he is gone until I hear Geoff King's assessment of his talent.:winking:

I shall refuse to believe he is gone until I hear Geoff King's assessment of his talent.:winking:

I agree. Look at Revell - where is he now? You never hear of him scoring in L1 or L2 these days. :blush:

On the Auger thing, he obviously got injured while back with us. If he was being treated by our physio, I'm surprised we didn't pop in to tell him. If he wasn't being treated by our physio, I'm surprised he didn't work it out. That said, what price a phone call... sorry lad...

Well and truly fallen from grace now. He has left Bishop Stortford and drop down another level to join Histon, found his level.

Well and truly fallen from grace now. He has left Bishop Stortford and drop down another level to join Histon, found his level.

He actually has got pro club trials lined up, he has gone to histon to get promised game time ahead of his trials, and i don't know what you mean by 'Found his level' because he never really got a chance and don't you remember in Pre season when he actually played left back and to be honest did quite well. Ryan Auger also scored a hatrick against chelmsford i think it was in novemeber. I personally think he was unlucky to get released. (I know all this because i follow a lot of non-league)

He actually has got pro club trials lined up, he has gone to histon to get promised game time ahead of his trials, and i don't know what you mean by 'Found his level' because he never really got a chance and don't you remember in Pre season when he actually played left back and to be honest did quite well. Ryan Auger also scored a hatrick against chelmsford i think it was in novemeber. I personally think he was unlucky to get released. (I know all this because i follow a lot of non-league)

Personally I didn't rate him and thought people over rated him because he was our youth player. I saw him play for us at Newport and thought he was shocking. Just because he has league club trials lined up doesn't mean he will get anywhere with them.

I never got a chance either, does that mean I could have been a pro ? The answer is no, because anyone would have looked at me in training and thought that blokes rubbish.

Every player we have is evaluated constantly during his time here at training and in U18 and development games. Coaches do not have to put them in the first team to know whether they are good enough.

Coaches can of course make mistakes, most of the players released over the last 10 years disappear without a trace.

Any player we do make a mistake on will quickly get back into the game, lets see if Auger does.

I never got a chance either, does that mean I could have been a pro ? The answer is no, because anyone would have looked at me in training and thought that blokes rubbish.

Every player we have is evaluated constantly during his time here at training and in U18 and development games. Coaches do not have to put them in the first team to know whether they are good enough.

Coaches can of course make mistakes, most of the players released over the last 10 years disappear without a trace.

Any player we do make a mistake on will quickly get back into the game, lets see if Auger does.

With that kind of attitude is it any wonder you never got a chance :winking:

Ryan Auger is starring for Histon + is earning rave reviews for his performances as a goal scoring midfielder...... Think he will follow England C International Alex Woodyard into the " Ex Youth team released way too early" category.

Ryan Auger is starring for Histon + is earning rave reviews for his performances as a goal scoring midfielder...... Think he will follow England C International Alex Woodyard into the " Ex Youth team released way too early" category.

I'd have given Auger another year, but I've seen nothing that makes me think Woodyard was released too soon (aged 20). Even after us he was released by Dartford and had to drop down another division before he could stick.

Back