• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Cresswell

I wondered about him and went on CodArmy forum and there is nothing at all about him. But it is a poor site.
I will be at Highbury and have a mate who is an ex Blackpool then Fleetwood player and now still with them on social side so I hope to get the story.

That's a bit odd if he's just been dropped. To pay £175,000 for a centre back and then a few months later not play him seems a bit strange. Cresswell is still a quality League 2 centre back.

That's a bit odd if he's just been dropped. To pay £175,000 for a centre back and then a few months later not play him seems a bit strange. Cresswell is still a quality League 2 centre back.

He's a good league 2 centre half, but there's always been a lot of hype around Cresswell. He'd be 4th choice if he was here now, and clearly is in a similar position at his current club.

Hey Fleetwood paid 175-000 for him mmmmmm wonder if they want to buy Straker for 175-000 also, come to think of it we have a few they can buy for 175-000 each.SUFC done well out of that deal.:smile:

He is an average CB at this level. We got a great deal. He only seemed so good at the start when he was scoring goals. After they dried up, we all started noticing his defensive frailties.

He was your typical League 2 centre half, head it and hoof it, terrible footballer. For teams trying to get out of this division you need a few 'ballers' i.e. Sokolik...

Cresswell was average at best but got away with it here because he punched the air and smiled at supporters.

Now, now... okay he left, but lets not forget he was a very good player for us - and when you're signing a player for huge money at this level, you'll be doing a fair amount of research on him too.

I remember the victory at Rotherham (4-0 was it?), and he was an absolute rock. Won everything in the air, distribution was good and on top of that all he is a real leader. For all we know, he has gone to Fleetwood and fell out with the manager and been deemed surplus to requirements. He was made captain as soon as he got there wasn't he? That says a fair amount in itself.

I've not seen this new partnership of Egan and Sokolik (sp) so I can't comment on that, but if they let Ryan go at the end of season I for one would be more than happy to snap him back up.

Good the first half of the season, then, as others have said, that red card seemed to have quite an effect on his playing ability.

We signed him for free, he gave us 100% for a year, we sold him for £100k+. I have no problem with that, good signing by Luggy and good business. Shame it doesn't seem the move has worked out for Cresswell.

He was your typical League 2 centre half, head it and hoof it, terrible footballer. For teams trying to get out of this division you need a few 'ballers' i.e. Sokolik...

Cresswell was average at best but got away with it here because he punched the air and smiled at supporters.looked like Adam Barrett

He didn't hoof it all the time and played some fine balls out to the wings.

He wasn't the most mobile though.

Prosser was our best centre-half from around December, way before the red card.

Fatty Evans gave a good interview to sky and he came across well, Rotherham play decent football and are doing well.
Maybe he knew more than I ( and others) did when he released Cressie and didn't want him.

Fatty Evans gave a good interview to sky and he came across well, Rotherham play decent football and are doing well.
Maybe he knew more than I ( and others) did when he released Cressie and didn't want him.

Sorry, but with all the match fixing allegations surfacing again, people involved in financial shenanigans, as he was, should not be anywhere near a position of responsibility or power in any football club.
My personal opinion but the game would be better off without people like him.

I hope that anyone found guilty of any match fixing will receive a life ban from holding any post in football.

Sorry, but with all the match fixing allegations surfacing again, people involved in financial shenanigans, as he was, should not be anywhere near a position of responsibility or power in any football club.
My personal opinion but the game would be better off without people like him.

I hope that anyone found guilty of any match fixing will receive a life ban from holding any post in football.

My post was regards Evans being able to pick a player's ability and skill (Cressie) and also how he came across in interview. I did not post regarding brown bag payments to players outside of tax and usual contracts of employment; and I am not aware of match fixing allegations against him.
His record with Crawley (played a reasonable game and looked very fit), and now with R/ham is, statistically good.

Although Evans is not everyones cup of tea he is a decent football manager and has done well at Rotherham.

Back