• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Cresswell

ryansm05

Coach
Went back a few pages and couldn't see a thread on Mr. Cresswell.

Now we're sitting above Fleetwood, playing well and scoring goals along with a decent defensive record, it made me remember how worried I was when he left us. But after checking their recent line-ups, it appears their captain hasn't been playing an awful lot. A few starts, but been on the bench a fair bit. Quite surprising really!

Anyone know why this is? Arguably the best central defender in league 2 last season.

I think most of their victories recently have been when he's been on the bench. Looking on their forum some of the fans say that they worry every time the ball goes near him so I don't think they're too thrilled with him.

I saw the highlights a few weeks ago and he seemed to miss kick and a goal was scored (Burton or Oxford perhaps) ........ perhaps the start of his time on the bench?

I still differentiate between the early Ryan Cresswell (great) and the post Accers Cresswell (hhhhmmmmm).

I saw the highlights a few weeks ago and he seemed to miss kick and a goal was scored (Burton or Oxford perhaps) ........ perhaps the start of his time on the bench?

I still differentiate between the early Ryan Cresswell (great) and the post Accers Cresswell (hhhhmmmmm).
Yes, the sending off was a big moment in his time with us, as was the Gillingham game when Adam Barrett showed him how ought to be. I'm having to state that for me his leaving wasn't handled very well and so I am fairly indifferent to how his career progresses....or not.

Creswell appeared whole hearted and was a threat at set pieces but defensively he was average, maybe good at best.

I think his scoring exploits masked the errors in his defending.

He was liked here but sadly ruined his good season by being very quick to jump ship.

I still think Ryan Creswell is a good defender, but he needs to find some confidence and form. Maybe a loan move to Southend could help him? Phil Brown implied before Creswell left for Fleetwood that he could help him become a better player>

Now we're sitting above Fleetwood, playing well and scoring goals along with a decent defensive record, it made me remember how worried I was when he left us. But after checking their recent line-ups, it appears their captain hasn't been playing an awful lot. A few starts, but been on the bench a fair bit. Quite surprising really!

Anyone know why this is? Arguably the best central defender in league 2 the first half of last season.

Corrected for accuracy.

After this he was pretty average.

When he played against earlier in the season it must have been the worst I've ever seen him play. It's no surprise really!

Creswell appeared whole hearted and was a threat at set pieces but defensively he was average, maybe good at best.

I think his scoring exploits masked the errors in his defending.

He was liked here but sadly ruined his good season by being very quick to jump ship.

Agree with this fully. He is ok but nothing else. Not a major loss and amazed we got the money we did for him. Decent from corners but dangerous at the back at times.

Creswell did well for us but we did get good money for him,set pieces at both ends was his strong point.Think he is a lower league defender,and i think we all know he left for a bigger contract up at Fleetwood,Cant really blame him for that

Anyone know why this is? Arguably the best central defender in league 2 last season.
I see highlghts of one of fleetwoods games a couple of weeks ago and he was at fault for both goals, simple balls over the top and just got done for pace, didn't look like the same player to me, benched a few times also, shame.

There's been times this season when I've seen him on the Football League Show that he looks like he's carrying some weight.

Anyone know what's going on? Hasn't played for them once since December!

Back