• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Hall goes to Rotherham

Very good player but if he was to come in and upset the team spirit would be counter productive.If Hall keeps his head down and works hard things could still turn out well for him with his career

Hall would fit perfectly with Hurst and would give us an amazing front line. He would certainly be a massive improvement on Straker.

That said he burnt a lot of bridges when he left unfortunately, if he hadnt left like he had then maybe there would be more of a chance of it happening.

I tend to agree but from what I remember, there were many occasions Hall was rather greedy and we could have prospered better had he passed. That said, he did like to cut in and put the ball in the corner of the net, Gower stylee. I wouldn't have him back, Straker has come on leaps and bounds. He does have his off days but I've really warmed to him, is a good team player and would be a loss if he didn't play.

will be a great signing for someone but can he knuckle down and be the same player he was when he was with us at time, not so sure.

After seeing his disgusting lack of effort when coming on as sub at Oxford in his last ever game for us, I would never want him anywhere near a Southend shirt again thank you very much. :thumbdown:

Ryan Hall back in this side, if he could reproduce the form in his last spell, would be too awesome for me to consider describing.

Sign him up!

Ryan Hall back in this side, if he could reproduce the form in his last spell, would be too awesome for me to consider describing.

Sign him up!

When you have players tweeting things like this:

@KevanHurst14: Great unity between players and fans at this club which I haven't really seen in my career! That will go a long way to success. #shrimpers

I don't think Ryan Hall will help that or the dressing room I'm afraid. If he had a different attitude he would be more than welcome to come back but he hasn't so no thanks.

Still no news of him joining Cheltenham? Seems there might be financial constraints and I could see Hall turning down the opportunity because of his misplaced "pride" (not sure that is an accurate description).

Can't see Cheltenham getting into the play-offs at the moment with their history of drawing too many games. I wonder if the Cheltenham manager would fancy making the short(ish) trip along to Oxford if Wilder has gone.

he may be worth a gamble to some league two club, but not us, had his chance here plus he is not as good as what we already have here, he can jog on somewhere else.

According to sky sports news Blackpool and a few other clubs are looking at him also clubs in Scotland.

When you have players tweeting things like this:

@KevanHurst14: Great unity between players and fans at this club which I haven't really seen in my career! That will go a long way to success. #shrimpers

I don't think Ryan Hall will help that or the dressing room I'm afraid. If he had a different attitude he would be more than welcome to come back but he hasn't so no thanks.

When you compare that to..

Ryan Hall ‏@R_Hall4 14h
Karma is a bitchhhhh

(in reference to McDermott getting sacked)

I know who I'd rather have.

Yes, Hall has ability for this level but his attitude is appauling.

Attitude>Fitness>Ability

Ryan Hall ‏@R_Hall4 14h
Karma is a bitchhhhh

Attitude>Fitness>Ability
Silly thing to get involved in from Hall.Should be more concerned with getting his football career back on track than posting things like this

Ryan Hall ‏@R_Hall4 14h
Karma is a bitchhhhh

Attitude>Fitness>Ability

what fool Hall is - be interesting if he found another club and ended up returning to play a game at Elland Road

Ryan is clearly either thick as **** or being very badly advised! I am not sure which? :unsure:

You have to be an idiot to start slagging off managers online.

What happens if he gets a league move and ends up under him again.

Back