• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Hall goes to Rotherham

Got my doubts we would try and get Hall back,but if we did and he had the right attitude he would be a massive threat to other teams at this level.

No thanks. We stood by him during his court case and the Hotel incident and he repaid our loyalty by going into a sulk until he got a move away. Poor attitude would probably destabilise our good team spirit. Sorry Ryan, you had your chance.

No thanks. We stood by him during his court case and the Hotel incident and he repaid our loyalty by going into a sulk until he got a move away. Poor attitude would probably destabilise our good team spirit. Sorry Ryan, you had your chance.

Agree with this.

Although some say him going from Leeds down to Bromley should make him think about his actions, lets not forget that he was at Crystal Palace and got kicked out of there for poor discipline before going down to Bromley when he was younger. If he didn't learn his lesson then, why would he learn his lesson now?

Also, he will most likely only use us as a stepping stone and hope to move as quickly as possible.

Agree with this.

Although some say him going from Leeds down to Bromley should make him think about his actions, lets not forget that he was at Crystal Palace and got kicked out of there for poor discipline before going down to Bromley when he was younger. If he didn't learn his lesson then, why would he learn his lesson now?

Also, he will most likely only use us as a stepping stone and hope to move as quickly as possible.

Agree with both of you in theory.

But what if it was on a short-term deal 'til the end of the season. Hall was too good for this division when with us last time around and would give us something we've been missing IMO, real goal threat from midfield.

I know that Hurst is our top scorer but I think over the course of a season you'd expect Hall to score more. Add to that the amount of assists he provides it could be worth the short term gamble. If, on the other hand he isn't the same player as before then his contract expires in the summer and we get rid.

Thoughts?

Could work, similar contract to what Timlin got - 6 month contract until the end of the season and then an option to extend for a year.

Before that it might be a good idea for Brown to ask to trial him for a few days first, but of course all this is irrelevant if we don't have the space for him (embargo) or if he isn't interested.

I wouldn't be angry or upset if we signed him, but very sceptical.

But what if it was on a short-term deal 'til the end of the season. Hall was too good for this division when with us last time around and would give us something we've been missing IMO, real goal threat from midfield.

I know that Hurst is our top scorer but I think over the course of a season you'd expect Hall to score more. Add to that the amount of assists he provides it could be worth the short term gamble. If, on the other hand he isn't the same player as before then his contract expires in the summer and we get rid.

Thoughts?

Kevan Hurst would disagree but having both of them is mouth watering, shame he left as he did though, burnt a lot of bridges no doubt.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Take him on at a modest wage and have an option of a further year with pay increase if it works out.

Kevan Hurst would disagree but having both of them is mouth watering, shame he left as he did though, burnt a lot of bridges no doubt.
I knew someone would pick a hole in my argument using Hurst as an example. That's why I wrote the next paragraph that you've seemingly ignored.

Agree with you that having the pair of them would be awesome though.

Linked to a move to Cheltenham, according to local media in Gloucestershire.

For ability alone would be a great signing for any league 2 club.Hall needs to knuckle down and he could still have a decent career ahead of him.

WTF - He should be all over this for my mind.

Any chance of a translation? WTF - I know that one (World Tennis Federation) but what about the rest of it?

Not bothered where Hall goes really ....... except we play Chelters towards the end of the season. It has the smell of fate about it ......... :sad:

Shame about his history here as a real quality left sided pacey attacking player would be the final piece in the jigsaw for us IMO

Shame about his history here as a real quality left sided pacey attacking player would be the final piece in the jigsaw for us IMO

If we had him and Hurst backing up Corr I would back us to go up as champions. I know he is a **** but surely we should be in for him.

Why ? He may be left footed but was always more effective on the right. Kevan Hurst plays there andmore than good enough for me. Hall isn't a team player and teamwork is the biggest strength at the moment. Sure we have had better players in the past but this is one of the best teams we have had in years. Hall doesn't fit.

Hall would fit perfectly with Hurst and would give us an amazing front line. He would certainly be a massive improvement on Straker.

That said he burnt a lot of bridges when he left unfortunately, if he hadnt left like he had then maybe there would be more of a chance of it happening.

Hall would fit perfectly with Hurst and would give us an amazing front line. He would certainly be a massive improvement on Straker.

That said he burnt a lot of bridges when he left unfortunately, if he hadnt left like he had then maybe there would be more of a chance of it happening.
Agreed, great player for lower leagues but too much baggage and he has shown that when it suits him he will take an easy exit.

A real coup for Cheltenham. Honestly thought he would end up playing in league one again.

Back