• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ryan Hall kicked out

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Ryan Hall has now been released from Leeds following his tweet..

let's see if his career now spirals into nothing..

"Look on the bright side if you're not getting played take the L out and get paid."

So, (obviously we're still apparently under an embargo so this is totally hypothetical) would you take him back?

I would. Barry Corr would not have scored as many goals in his first season if not for Hall, and could you imagine the delivery in to the box with Hall and Hurst on either side!

What is the justification for the release? I assume they've had to pay him up in full?

Seems a pretty innocuous (but ultimately true) comment that could be thrown about in dressing rooms around the country on a weekly basis?

Next tweet:

"Look on the bright side if you're getting released you'll get paid even more when you add your paid-up contract to your hefty signing-on fee when you join your next club on a free transfer."

Culpability aside, this sounds like a good day for Ryan Hall.

What is the justification for the release? I assume they've had to pay him up in full?[/QUO

I would think not, if they paid him in full then they would have just let him rot away and train with the youth team, i would think gave him a lump sum and told him to **** off...

I think that's an excuse to kick him out, tweet to me is saying he was better off at Leeds, where he was getting paid but not played, than he was at Southend where he was getting played but not paid (allegedly!).

Mutual termination is what the press release says
Not a full pay off but enough for him to accept and move on to a team who will play him.
Regardless of how innocuous the tweet seems on its own it was in breach of the clubs social media policies and when added to the number of retweets of fans saying that the Hall should be playing, the managers hasn't got a clue etc ot did add up to a social media strop

I think that's an excuse to kick him out, tweet to me is saying he was better off at Leeds, where he was getting paid but not played, than he was at Southend where he was getting played but not paid (allegedly!).

It was a dig at the manager and a "stuff em then then I'll just take the money" tweet.
He had already turned up to preseason in a poor condition and had made it clear that he was not going to go on tour as it was around the time his girlfriend was expecting.
Basically , the Manager who signed him didn't play him and the new manager really didn't rate him. In those situations the only things which may turn things round are professionalism and and a good work ethic.
Hall didnt exhibit either

Another footballer wasting their talent. He epitomises what's wrong with modern young players. I wouldn't have him back, would rather have good honest hard-working lads like Hurst and Straker than Hall. I'm sure a League One club will take a punt on him though.

I would think not, if they paid him in full then they would have just let him rot away and train with the youth team, i would think gave him a lump sum and told him to **** off...

Maybe not in full but the point is he hasn't been sacked for a stupid tweet. He's probably come out of this quite well and will be picked up by someone in January.

He was never going to be a regular in the Championship, especially at a club like Leeds. Probably earned himself a nice little pay packet in leaving now. There'll be a few L1 sides interested in him I reckon.

Another footballer wasting their talent. He epitomises what's wrong with modern young players. I wouldn't have him back, would rather have good honest hard-working lads like Hurst and Straker than Hall. I'm sure a League One club will take a punt on him though.

I don't think players with poor attitude is anything new, the only thing that has changed is that we know pretty much everything footballers are doing with their life with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cracking player but a complete ****. Barry Corr would probably think all his Christmas' and birthday's have come at once if Ryan Hall turned up on the doorstep tomorrow, but having seen how good the team spirit has been in the camp of late, the last thing you want to do is bring someone like this a**hole back into the fold.

If we could get him back (forgetting the embargo and all that), it all comes down to what the current players think of him. If they don't want him back as he'd be bad for the dressing room then stay clear, but if they'd be open to his return then we'd be mad not to consider it, if he was available and we could afford him. As has been said, a front three of Hall Corr/Eastwood & Hurst would be beautiful.

I for one would be happy if he signed, assuming that Brown wouldn't sign a player that his current crop wouldn't receive.

Where does he live? How/where does he want to do his training. IF he wants to train and work to try and win a deal then I would say he can come along (unpaid) and see what happens. If it was good enough for Henry and Beckham at Arsenal then maybe Ryan could do worse than asking Cocko if he can get down to some sessions.

Back