• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Chris Phillips has tweeted

Ryan hall -"I'm focused on doing well for Southend but the manager has said he won't stand in my way if a bigger club comes in."
9:54 AM - 13 Aug 12 ·

Lets hope no one comes in then...

Will be amazed if someone doesnt come in for him. Highest number of assists outside the Prem 2 seasons in a row. Considering the vastly inferior Carayol from Bristol rovers has just moved to Middlesborough I'd be surprised if Hall hasnt got several clubs after him.

You could edit the title of this artile to read ...

"All our players, the manager and the head groundsman may leave if there is an offer from a bigger club." :whistling:

It seemed clear from what Sturrock said on Friday that we've received a very low offer but that if there's a bid which reflects Hall's ability then we'll let him go. And if there isn't then he'll have to stay for the season and go for free next Summer.

Sounds a fair deal.....as long as he keeps working hard while with us

Personally hope he has a stormer against posh and we recieve 500k+ for him as its now obvious he wants away

Does he want away, or would he just leave if a bigger club came in?

How many of our players would ant to leave if a Championship club came in for them?

500k would be nice though :)

Ryan Hall scored 10 league goals and made another 19 last season. That means he was directly involved in 38% of our league goals (77 total). And 40% of the season before that. I can't see us getting promoted without him.

Ryan Hall scored 10 league goals and made another 19 last season. That means he was directly involved in 38% of our league goals (77 total). And 40% of the season before that. I can't see us getting promoted without him.
Stats are a minefield. the boy did well, very well, but he was also given the ball whenever possible which negates the opportunities for other players to score/assist. i am not suggesting that the others would have done better,rather that another player will still get a percentage of the goals/assists that Hall got so the figure lost is indeterminable. We may also be lucky and have strikers that convert more opportunities this season and make up the shortfall. On the other hand we may be screwed.:unsure:

In other news: bears poo in the tree areas of the planet...

We are a selling club, like 99% of all clubs, and if we get an acceptable offer, then he'll go.

Good luck to him if he does, but obviously would like him to stay.

Stats are a minefield. the boy did well, very well, but he was also given the ball whenever possible which negates the opportunities for other players to score/assist. i am not suggesting that the others would have done better,rather that another player will still get a percentage of the goals/assists that Hall got so the figure lost is indeterminable. We may also be lucky and have strikers that convert more opportunities this season and make up the shortfall. On the other hand we may be screwed.:unsure:

Indeed. People keep going on about Messi scoring all those goals when in reality all he was doing was stopping others from scoring them :winking:

Hall is a quality player and head and shoulders above any player in the squad last year, helped somewhat by the lack of quality. If he had been on the bench and any of the others in his place they wouldnt have produced what he did.

Hopefully this year with the new signings we wont be so reliant on him, but it will be a big loss if he goes, although we will hopefully get a decent fee .

Sadly this saga has all the hallmarks of his 'advisors' turning his head and wanting him to move. 10% of any fee would be nice for them! As for Ryan, maybe he should remember that the club has stood by him and effectively played a 'get out of jail free card' for him last year. Season hasn't even started and already getting depressed by the antics of players and their 'advisors' -such a stark contrast to other sportsmen & women we have seen in recent weeks.

Sadly this saga has all the hallmarks of his 'advisors' turning his head and wanting him to move. 10% of any fee would be nice for them! As for Ryan, maybe he should remember that the club has stood by him and effectively played a 'get out of jail free card' for him last year. Season hasn't even started and already getting depressed by the antics of players and their 'advisors' -such a stark contrast to other sportsmen & women we have seen in recent weeks.
The guy wants to improve himself, and if a bigger club come in for him, and the money is right, good luck to him. For me, this is the way to conduct ones self. not go missing at the start of the season, just because you want out.

The guy wants to improve himself, and if a bigger club come in for him, and the money is right, good luck to him. For me, this is the way to conduct ones self. not go missing at the start of the season, just because you want out.

Yeah that's fair enough - when you compare Hall's stance to what Mohsni did I have no problem with any of this.

Before we praise Hall too much, again it was clear from Sturrock's interview on Blues World that he was livid with Hall's performance on Friday and told him in front of the rest of the squad that he won't be going anywhere.

if hall wants to go then sod him let him go, no point in keeping a player if he dosnt want to play for the club, trouble is we need a fee for you to go first mr hall so you had better start putting in the performances starting with posh tuesday or sturrock will make you rot on the bench pal, pull your finger out and stop sulking if you want your move or some fans will get on your back pretty quick.

Back