• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great player in this league and maybe league 1 but will b poor in the Champ IMO. Struggles to beat fullbacks in this league at the best of times. Deadball is his main threat, along with a great cross from open play

Ryan Hall was the best out and out winger we've had in years. Decent pace but not grease lightning, taking players on isn't his forte, but delivering killer crosses and set pieces is. Not sure how a player that's topped the assists charts in lg2 two years in a row can be called greedy, he'll also chip in with goals. Should be a decent winger in championship, though he won't shine there like he does in lg2. Very sad to see him go and the manner of the departure, key player in our survival 2 years ago, and in the promotion push last year. While Hurst & Martin are doing well replacing the assists he provided, the fact it's taking 2 of them shows how good Hall was, and they won't replace the goals he scored.

He plays on the LEFT
He plays on the Riiiggghhhtttt,
That Ryan Hall
His attitude is *****

One of his best strengths was coming on as a sub, so i think he could do "okay" at Leeds as i cant see him starting too many games in the 3 months!

Wide right cutting inside would be his best position in my opinion.

His dead ball ability is clearly his best asset. The problem he may face is getting the same number of assists as he took ALL our set pieces.

At the start of the season I was gutted at the thought of him leaving, now I'm please to be rid, bad attitude it seems.

No

NB - I agree with Lee on the pace comment, he won't constantly take his full back on to get to the byline (in fact, I don't ever recall him doing this)

So he's selfish yet had the most assists outside the premier league and he's greedy yet reached double figures in goals last 2 seasons also. The reason he shot a lot is because he had a bloody good shot on him! He doesnt need pace as his delivery is so good but he's hardly a tortoise. I think he can make an impact in the championship, some people on here writing him off before he has even started a game for Leeds! Who wouldve said the likes of O'Keefe and Hooper would be where they are now when they left us.

Primarily used on the wing, he also played up front and had occasional games in midfield and one even at left-back.

Decent set piece (many of his assists came from set pieces) he continually topped the assist chart, whilst scoring a fair few himself, mainly from distance. His pace will be less of an advantage at Championship level. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust from being a focal point of a team's attack to being a bit part player. Counter-intuitively, we've done better without him in the team than in it, although he often contributed as sub in those games.

Those slagging him off now are the same ones who were calling him the best player in the division a month or so ago. So read whatever you want into their judgment on that.

He's better than Lloyd Sam, Billy Paynter and all the other Southend rejects you've signed in recent years.

People keep mentioning his lack of pace , but a decent wide player doesn't have to 'beat' the full back.
He has to make a yard of space and deliver the ball into dangerous areas.
Hall did this a lot and I think he can do a fair job for Leeds.
One Division too high ?
Maybe , let's see.

People keep mentioning his lack of pace , but a decent wide player doesn't have to 'beat' the full back.
He has to make a yard of space and deliver the ball into dangerous areas.

You're right ........ but for some neanderthal reason, it's what I look for in a "winger" ....... that and getting to the by line whether it's needed or not! :omg:

Back