• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vitalleeds

Hi all. I am the editor at Vital Leeds and would be interested in your views on Ryan Hall, if you could answer the following questions for an article on the site.

What is his preferred/best position?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Are you sad to see him leave Southend?

Any good chants for him we could adopt?

Cheers in advance

wide right or left
set piece delivery is brilliant, as is his crossing.......lacks real pace
very sad, any player who gets into double figures for goals and 20 odd assists is a big miss
Hall, hall will tear you apart again........

Hi all. I am the editor at Vital Leeds and would be interested in your views on Ryan Hall, if you could answer the following questions for an article on the site.

What is his preferred/best position?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Are you sad to see him leave Southend?

Any good chants for him we could adopt?

Cheers in advance

On both wings and can play up front

Good with a bottle, good at sulking

Good on his day but can be selfish. Sad he is going but we have restructured well without him

Nope can think of one

Outside nightclubs

Abusing people on twitter/Appreciating help he was previously given!

No

To the tune of nursery rhyme "London Bridge is falling down"

Ryan Hall, you're a c**t
You're a c**t
You're a c**t
Ryan Hall, you're a c**t
You're a c**t

wide right or left
set piece delivery is brilliant, as is his crossing.......lacks real pace
very sad, any player who gets into double figures for goals and 20 odd assists is a big miss
Hall, hall will tear you apart again........

Much as Lee has said .
He can be very selfish, this did not happen at the start but became a problem IMO towards the end. When on fire he could really turn a game. we all knew that we would loose him at some point,but a lot of us have lost a lot of respect for him however due to the way he has conducted his move,

I think he started out on the right for us, but he can play down either side. He's not a central midfielder by any stretch though. He's not bad playing just behind a front pair either. Defensively he's improved and he had a good understanding with our right back, Clohessy. Strengths and weaknesses - he is a good crosser of the ball but his corners have not delivered as well. Before he was pinpointed by other teams, he would run down either wing fairly easily and cross, but since teams started marking him harder and doubling up even, he's sometimes been stifled out of games. Trouble with Hall is, he played some of the best football of his time here when he was under threat of prison. His form last season - although he was one of the top assists in the country - was not as good to watch, he became more conscious somehow of what he was doing and tried to "over-do" things. He also became greedy towards the end of last season and would hog the ball to shoot when our strikers (Neil Harris and Freddy Eastwood) were often better placed to finish. As you can probably guess, his off the field judgement hasn't always been great...there was an alleged incident last season with him, Liam Dickinson and Kane Ferdinand in a hotel on an away trip for instance, in addition to the nightclub kicking.

He's been a good player for us, please don't get me wrong. Without his goal making and scoring last season we'd not have been anywhere near the play offs. Yes, I am sad to see him go, but I don't hold it against him. Nothing wrong with a player wanting to better himself and provide for his family.

The Joy Division tune is the chant used most for him.

Hope he's not made too big a jump and it all goes wrong for him, I do think you'll find him better than a couple of others of ours you've had recently though - Billy Paynter and Sanchez Watt (as a loanee)!

Strangely I am not sad to see him go - I don't know why I never really liked him as a player.

Many people use his "stats" as a reason to say he was good - and I was as happy as the next fan when the onion bag was bulging - but I never rated him for some reason. Good from free kicks and corners and drifting into the box/edge of box and picking up loose balls - that is quite a good "knack" to have. But there was never that spark that made me warm to him.

Apparently Hall is a big fan of the Carpenters and he sings "we've only just begun" to himself.

I was once told he has replaced the real lyrics with something like .........

Hall's only just begun ....... to play
Football is my only game
A kiss from Luggy and we're on our way
Hall's only begun

Luggy is the nickname for the manager by the way and apparently he has looked after Ryan well ever since he arrived.

Really can't see Hall making it in the Championship. Left footed but prefers to play on the right. Certainly has a turn of pace but wants to go inside all of the time. Better full backs won't allow him to do this. No right foot to speak of, really can't see him breaking into a Leeds side.

Last edited:
good league 2 winger, will obviously find life much harder against better full backs, pinpoint deliver from open play and set pieces, good shot from range, can be greedy but in our league he almost had a right to be. also, against very quick full backs/midfielders he kind of gives up and drifts inside. could be a great signing, im certainly sad to see him go

Thanks for these. I will make an article from some of your comments. I think most will get a mention somewhere. I will post a link when it is done.

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season, although you did cost me about £500 when you could only draw with Barnet recently. :thumbsup:

He is seriously greedy many times he would shoot from 35yards when there was options available.

He will be aggressive to his own fan on twitter aswell!

Set piece and cross is amazing however he isn't championship standard I'm afraid.

He's better than everyone technically in this division! His brain is quicker (on the football pitch) than anyone he's played against!

He can skip away from any player! He might find it hard against some defences in Championship!

You see players like DJ Campbell, Boothroyd etc etc playing at a higher level.Hall is atleast as good!

Outside nightclubs

Abusing people on twitter/Appreciating help he was previously given!

No

To the tune of nursery rhyme "London Bridge is falling down"

Ryan Hall, you're a c**t
You're a c**t
You're a c**t
Ryan Hall, you're a c**t
You're a c**t

All together now...

Ryan Hall, you're a c**t
You're a c**t
You're a c**t
Ryan Hall, you're a c**t