• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My first thread.

Official line is Ryan Hall missed todays match with a foot injury.

Do you go along with that or is it a disguise to mask his leaving sometime in the week?

I think he was injured as he missed training with injury and was at the game as well.

I thought Leonard is more than a capable replacement on what I saw today, always looked to get it in the box, which was perhaps wrong, but he showed good intent.

David Martin put in good professional display and got injured in crunching block tackle; he set an example of a player "shown the door" but with enough self pride and respect to give it his best. Hall, Bilel, take note and follow, please.

Leonard put in a good performance today and him and Clohessy always link up well.
Martin must of given Sturrock something to think about today a very good performance and I really hope PS changes his mind.

Hall is definately off and although he is a game changer we need to sell him now, his head not in it, heart not in, another money orientated player. Stood by him when he went prison and now it's obvious he wants out!!!

Bye Bye Ryan
Bye Bye Mosh

Sounds like you know a little about the Hall Situation. I would say Its a little harsh to accuse him of not paying back the Club after his Fracas etc. I felt he might have gone last summer but didn't in order to pay back the Club with another season. To be fair I think Hall proved himself in L2 and did his bit to inspire promotion but it didn't come off so now he looks like he's off. An impossible ask to expect him to ignore the interest in him when he did plenty last season to attract it . Ok he went off the boil in the second half of the campaign but then others did . You can't be a one man team and expect that one and only individual to carry all hopes of promotion. It didn't happen so we pay the price with his seemingly impending departure.

Stood by him when he went prison and now it's obvious he wants out!!!
So Hall has to be loyal to the club for the rest of his career because of this?

If he goes then good luck to him, footballer in wanting to play at a higher level shocker.

Mohsni as well for that matter, Sturrock didnt know how to manage him and left him out of the team for months on end so its not exactly rocket science that he wanted out.

Is Hall going really that bad?

From what I hear about yesterday, we put lots of crosses in but no big target man to finish. I like Hall and yes he scores lots with assists, but in watching him play, he loves to cut in and shoot himself rather than put the ball in the box.

I'd like a big striker in the box to get his head to crosses and if that means selling Hall to get someone in, I'll go with that. We have Hurst, Martin and Leonard who can do that. Perhaps Hall going will give Martin a new lease of life too.

If Hall does not want to play for SUFC let him go and bring in someone that does. Hall is a good player but if he has not got a Southend heart were better of without him

If Hall does not want to play for SUFC let him go and bring in someone that does. Hall is a good player but if he has not got a Southend heart were better of without him

yep my thoughts in a nutshell .. this is a tough tough league and we need EVERYONE pulling in the same direction

Knuckle down or knuckle off Hally

Mods it's clear that cambridge_branch's account has been hacked as the above post is a sensible one, please investigate this as soon as possible..... :whistling:

Back