• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think that's all we could of expected. Would of got 250,000 if he went in the summer (sept). So 150,000 in Jan was prob best we could of got.

Less than he is really worth, but in the circumstances, not a bad deal i suppose

Ryan Hall to join Leeds United permanently from Southend United

RYAN Hall will complete a permanent move to Leeds United in January in a deal worth around £150,000.

More...

Very disappointed with that, although wonder if people have been influenced by the West Ham offer for Mohsni and how refusing that basically smacked us in the face. Would have thought £250k was more realistic.

Very disappointed with that, although wonder if people have been influenced by the West Ham offer for Mohsni and how refusing that basically smacked us in the face. Would have thought £250k was more realistic.

He's almost out of contract, he's in his mid-20s, he's on the fringes at Leeds, SUFC have said he can't come back here and there's no one else lined up that we can see. £150k is a lot better than it could have been!

He's almost out of contract, he's in his mid-20s, he's on the fringes at Leeds, SUFC have said he can't come back here and there's no one else lined up that we can see. £150k is a lot better than it could have been!

And we got Hurst for nothing to replace him! :thumbsup:

Who cares about the transfer fee? It all gets pi ssed up the wall or put in to the same bottomless pit whatever. The fee makes no difference. If you think an extra £100k would somehow transform our fortunes then think again.

What does make the difference is that it is one off the headcount and hence paves the way for Laird to be signed. IMHO that swap gives us the best deal.

Good news I say. UTB

Who cares about the transfer fee? It all gets pi ssed up the wall or put in to the same bottomless pit whatever. The fee makes no difference. If you think an extra £100k would somehow transform our fortunes then think again.

What does make the difference is that it is one off the headcount and hence paves the way for Laird to be signed. IMHO that swap gives us the best deal.

Good news I say. UTB

Finally a man who talks sense. £150k a month wouldn't necessarily solve the problems we're in. And all this "lets spend it" bollocks is exactly that - we don't need more players currently - just some security regarding Mkandawire and Laird would be good. We should also be able to offload a striker, as 6 is a luxury at this level.

Good business. Hurst has proved certainly more than adequate in his place.

Please reimburse this into permanent deals for Laird and Mkandawire.

Hall was gone a long time ago, the small (in football terms) money will help keep the "wolf from the door" for a short time only BUT it is one less worry and possible headache gone. He could be a game changer however he needs to recognise the support PS gave him and NOW try to leave with dignity and respect.

R_Hall4: Finally able to confirm my new two and a half year deal with Leeds. Lets get promoted now to end the season on a ultimate high! #Mot

Seems strange as I haven't seen him in the Leeds matchday squad for a while so really didn't see them spending money on him!

Some people saying that 150k isn't a lot, it is better then nothing though and as others have said, another one off the books!

Back