• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shanlon

I have had the pleasure of watching Ryan play for Bromley for the past 3 seasons, you have got one exceptional talent on board he was class at our level

Seems like he is starting to show what he is all about judging by the posts on today’s game, once he gets his fitness up to standard and some solid league nous you have got a quality footballer.

Some of his turns and footwork are top draw and it’s good to hear that has doing well, long may it continue for the both of you.
We have a good record of players going pro, 4 in the last 3 seasons, we are on a serious good run at the moment, 7 wins out of 7, yeah its Conference South but who knows if we keep producing players of Ryan's ability.

All the best for the season and the future, and look after him

Been crying out for him and Soares to start on opposite wings, much better balance today and he's got a much better footballing brain than some I could mention who've been playing recently.

Well done Bromley. Good to hear from non-league fans on non-league weekend.
I have been to Bromley a couple of times. Proper old ground - would love to watch Southend there

He looked good yesterday, tricky, pacy, froze a bit when he got in the box a couple of times but he caused the Torquay defence alot of problems.

Been crying out for him and Soares to start on opposite wings, much better balance today and he's got a much better footballing brain than some I could mention who've been playing recently.

Sadly, Soares is not inthe same league.

Yep, he is looking good at the moment. Some very good tricks up his sleeve.

7 wins out of 7, are you expecting promotion this year?

Sadly, Soares is not inthe same league.

He scored 9 goals in 33 starts for a club playing in this division. Might be worth waiting a few more games before getting on his back eh?

I'd hate for it to become another x,y or z who is playing well in League One, the Championship or the Premiership having been written off with us.

Hall really looks like he has something about him. His first touch yesterday was bringing a long range cross field pass down and whipping in a cross into the danger area. He was aided in the first half by the midfield slipping some great balls to him through the channel (mainly Simpson), but looked to have a good delivery and a few tricks and if we can keep him fit and coping with league football once the pitches get heavier, than he will be a real asset.

Yep, and I saw he got booked (again) in another Charlton defeat.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=36636&page=1#Item_0 these ratings are not good for macca either, I was a big macca fan btw shame he seemed to lose his edge for us, I thought/hoped charlton may awaken the macca of old

you've got to love the comment saying "his second touch was always a tackle", that sums him up to a tee. Granty's ball-retention skills are superb, and as against Bradford he actually invites players to dive in because his technique allows him to step past and drive forward.

you've got to love the comment saying "his second touch was always a tackle", that sums him up to a tee. Granty's ball-retention skills are superb, and as against Bradford he actually invites players to dive in because his technique allows him to step past and drive forward.

some very harsh words from the charlton faithful indeed

macca on form was a very good player. Would anyone really have predicted that grant would be 'in the goals' this year given that 99% of supporters (and tilly) had him down as a holding player, he has been let loose and given licence to bomb around.

I actually said during pre-season that Grant may surprise a few people and get double figures this season as he was playing a lot further up the pitch. I had him down for 8-12 goals this year. Still remains to be seen whether he'll justify my faith and get them, but I'm feeling a bit more confident about that one.

Where I think we're lacking goals at the moment is out wide. Soares has half a goal, Hall and Zaaboub none. Those three need to be combining for around 20 goals.

needs to stop moaning at the ref, silly booking.

2nd touch was always a tackle - game passed him by

not sure what he is supposed to be adding - nothing defensively - nothing attacking - just nothing

but always the safe option. Nothing creative.

Good Ol' Macca.

I actually said during pre-season that Grant may surprise a few people and get double figures this season as he was playing a lot further up the pitch. I had him down for 8-12 goals this year. Still remains to be seen whether he'll justify my faith and get them, but I'm feeling a bit more confident about that one.

Where I think we're lacking goals at the moment is out wide. Soares has half a goal, Hall and Zaaboub none. Those three need to be combining for around 20 goals.

our 4-3-3 system needs, nay demands goals from the wingers/widemen could be the difference between sniffing a play off spot and mid table action

Back