• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play him or not

• Total voters

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So should he start next Saturday against Morecambe or should PS keep the winning team as it is.

He is, as his recent goals and assists show (when he does come on) without doubt the catalyst of our team and the player with most flare and imagination,but who would you drop if indeed you would change a winning side.

The Vote and reasons why or why not are over to you lot.

Today PS made the right decision. Saturday I think we've potentially 8000+ wanting to see the blues perform and attack, i feel hall needs to play to give us the width, pace and attacking mentality. He's got 4 assists and 2 goals in his last 3 games! He HAS to play

As i said on the other thread, he will start over Leonard next Saturday! I feel Leonard is a very useful player to have away from home as has very good defensive duties and his throw is a good asset but at Roots Hall it doesn't really work due to the slight hill between the concourse and the pitch. Hall got 2 assists last Fri, scored 2 on Tuesday and put in 2 deliveries for our 2nd and 3rd today. He is simply too good to be on the bench and like Chris said on Twitter the other day, he is the best player we've had at Southend since Sir Fred.

Kev

He is in my opinion easily our best player and therefore should play, I can see bigger clubs taking a keen interest in him soon.

I think that Hall when he is really on form is a tremendous asset and he seems to be on fire at the moment so I feel he should start as I am a firm believer of playing your best 11 at all times.

Today PS made the right decision. Saturday I think we've potentially 8000+ wanting to see the blues perform and attack, i feel hall needs to play to give us the width, pace and attacking mentality. He's got 4 assists and 2 goals in his last 3 games! He HAS to play

Are you seriously suggesting the PS should take the size of the crowd into account when deciding his formation and tactics?

100% agree- no brainer , however........

isn't it great having hall, grant and Moshni on the bench with sawyer and corr still to come back . In fact when they are fit we will have a 'good' problem deciding who wont even maek the bench

Got to say in my opinion he is what changed the game today, his delivery from out wide is outstanding and is possibly the best crosser of the ball I've seen in a Southend shirt (I've only been supporting the blues for about 8 years). Crewe couldn't handle him today and he should definitely start next week!

As one guy said he is the best player we have had since sir freddie.! He must play next week.!

I think he should start against Morecambe, it's good how Sturrock has stuck with a winning team, but this is serious serious business and it would be taking a big risk continuing to put Hall on the bench. The way he played against Dagenham, got another assist against Crewe after coming off the bench. It's a must for me.

Isn't life great when this is the biggest dilemma we have at the moment ? I'm in the camp that says keep things as they are. It's blindingly obvious which is the better of the two players but we're on a roll and i see no reason to change. The message to the league that we're top, with no Corr and no need to start with Grant, Hall or Maher cannot be underestimated.

Hall is a great asset to the club. However, I see nothing wrong in bringing him on at a slightly later point in the match as soon as Luggy has got the measure of the opposition on the day. This could be as soon as 10 to15 minutes after the starting whistle. We shouldn't think of the subs as just useful after an injury or in the dying minutes of the match, use them tactically to reshape the squad.

Isn't life great when this is the biggest dilemma we have at the moment ? I'm in the camp that says keep things as they are. It's blindingly obvious which is the better of the two players but we're on a roll and i see no reason to change. The message to the league that we're top, with no Corr and no need to start with Grant, Hall or Maher cannot be underestimated.

I can't get over his departure either. Maybe we should form a help group ;o)

I'll have a pint of that, please:dim:

The formula works, why change it? If we're down at half time, let's bring him on then. Seems his fresh legs running at the tiring defence are the catalyst.

Hall got chopped about a lot on Tuesday so I think it was a good decision to have him as a sub yesterday. Sometimes it's much better to have a sub or two that can come on and breath new life into the side, and Hall and Mohsni both did that to perfection yesterday. Just hoping he's still around after January personally.

Should P Sturrock change a winning team well this is a hard one to call for the man of the moment .Because his winning team had HALL .GRANT .and BILLY in that winning team so no where does he go from hear .Football is a squad game and at the mo we seem to have a winning squad and with CORR and SAWYERto come back nice problem isnt it .:smile:

Back