• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, I would not be putting him (Hall) in the side at the moment - particularly if Tomlin is back soon and Corr and Eastwood (and Harris) are able to play 60 minutes or so. On the bench perhaps ......

If Hall wanted to be hear he would be in before Tomlin in a shot. Someone who can score and create plays in front of someone who doesnt anytime.

If he doesnt want to play then we can manage without him.

If Hall wanted to be hear he would be in before Tomlin in a shot. Someone who can score and create plays in front of someone who doesnt anytime.

If he doesnt want to play then we can manage without him.

<<<< This.

Much as I'd love to see Corr on the end of Hall's deliveries again I highly doubt we'll be seeing Hall in a Blues shirt between now and January.

If he is sensible, he will want to play for us to earn a new move. A club isn't going to come in for him in Jan if he hasn't played all season.

Big if though.

Much as I'd love to see Corr on the end of Hall's deliveries again I highly doubt we'll be seeing Hall in a Blues shirt between now and January.

I am sure someine will give him good advice- lets hope so (probably not his agent as they are motivated purely by thgeir own fees but may be he is lucky with his). The next transfer window is Jan- his best interests are now served by playing football for 3 months and getting himself back in the shop window.

So either he quickly comes back to us, or quickly agrees a loan somewhere else. The latter from our point of view would need to be with a commit to buy, so if he does not wish to be sat doing nothing watching his opportunities fade away he would be well advised to phone Luggy and say 'look it hasn't worked out, I need to be playing and am totally commited to Southend until Jan where we can review the situation'.

Its difficult to believe we would not play Hall, especially as I believe Hurst could be extremely tidy in CM

Now we might say hold on we need the money- but in reality come what may we wont get a fee until Jan and we are paying hgis wages now and not using him..

I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to Peterborough on loan. They are for the next 7 months or so a Championship side, they are struggling beyond belief so will no doubt be looking for a desperation signing to replace the big names they have sold.

If he does go there and stay then we could be facing them next year in league one. What a great step up that would have been for both of them if that was to happen...

I must admit seeing Hall on one side with Hurst on the other both supplying (in time) Barry Corr up front really would make me moist.....can't see it though.

I must admit seeing Hall on one side with Hurst on the other both supplying (in time) Barry Corr up front really would make me moist.....can't see it though.

Indeed. Our midfield is a bit lacking at the mo apart from Hurst and Timlin who have had good seasons (those who criticise Timlin- he has to do all the tackling as Spicer is a bottler!). Whether its Leonard or Martin neither have impressed on the other flank. Wouldnt want to see Hurst back on the left as he has done really well on the right. A left winger on loan would be good along with another centre mid. Cant see Hall coming back.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to Peterborough on loan. They are for the next 7 months or so a Championship side, they are struggling beyond belief so will no doubt be looking for a desperation signing to replace the big names they have sold.

If he does go there and stay then we could be facing them next year in league one. What a great step up that would have been for both of them if that was to happen...

And if Coventry stay up and we go up, then we will face the unhappy task of facing Moussa.

Move collapsed. Wonder what 'personal terms' he was after..

I am going to hazard a guess that he wanted the same terms as they agreed to when they tried to sign him at the last minute , and they are now offering less and he is not happy with it . This would be in keeping with Holloways earlier comments.

maybe, but then again how many posters on here have said
  • Eastwood will not be signing for us , thats ridiculous
  • Eastwood is totally unfit ,and can not play (Friday)
  • Corr will never ben playing for us again (Saturday )
  • We have left it far to late to get a keeper with any pedigree
anything is possible

I am going to hazard a guess that he wanted the same terms as they agreed to when they tried to sign him at the last minute , and they are now offering less and he is not happy with it . This would be in keeping with Holloways earlier comments.

Well they struggled to meet terms then hence it didnt go through, it could just be Hall is after more than he is actually worth.

Your explanation could also be true, they still want him but after seeing him dont think he is as good as they hoped.

If blackpool don't want him anymore they will offer unacceptable terms to get out of any deal.

They are under no obligation to buy him until everything is signed, not sure they would offer silly wages just to get out of it.

After how we acted with JCR I dont think we can complain too much :smile:

He still wont ever play for us again.

We need someone else to take him on loan with the view to a perm in Jan.

Personally speaking, I don't expect either Hall or Moshni to benefit from their stance. Whilst both are good players, every time they go on trial with another club, that club will know the situation at SUFC, ie, that they have turned round to the club they are contracted to, and said, 'I don't want to play for you again.' In my opinion, their card is marked, and the more they aren't playing on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm, the harder it will get for either of them.

To be fair Hall hasnt said he wont play for us again. He wanted a move, but he would have kept playing if none came up.

True, Hall hasn't said it, but for a manager to say what Sturrock said, would indicate to me that the player doesn't want to play for us.

Back