• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

I said it before he moved to Sheff Utd that even though I think Lenny is a very good player, I don't think he's championship standard. IMO he's a very good league 1 player. Can't blame him for giving it a crack by any means, and no doubt earning a bit more money in the process. I still don't really think he will make it at Millwall either to be honest, whilst their in the championship anyway. Unfortunately I think he will make a move back to league 1 in the near future.

Interestingly the Blade's forum seems to have changed their tune on Leonard. Last season they thought he was crap but he's apparently looked good so far this season so most of the fans are hoping this rumour doesn't come off.

Interestingly the Blade's forum seems to have changed their tune on Leonard. Last season they thought he was crap but he's apparently looked good so far this season so most of the fans are hoping this rumour doesn't come off.
True, but they still don't see him as a natural first choice. It's his ability to cover multiple positions that appeals to them. More or less all of them don't believe he has the necessary skills to play central midfield in the championship, but his defensive capabilities and athleticism make him a very good defensive choice.

I said it before he moved to Sheff Utd that even though I think Lenny is a very good player, I don't think he's championship standard. IMO he's a very good league 1 player. Can't blame him for giving it a crack by any means, and no doubt earning a bit more money in the process. I still don't really think he will make it at Millwall either to be honest, whilst their in the championship anyway. Unfortunately I think he will make a move back to league 1 in the near future.
I thought I was the only one who didn't think he was championship quality ?

If he isn't Championship quality then why are a Championship team trying to sign him?

He maybe isn't good enough to break into Sheffield United's starting 11, but Millwall seem to think he's worth going for, and I'm sure other teams lower down the table will be looking at him as well.

Is that a serious statement? I really can't tell as Chris Wilder is so clearly not clueless..

Why chase a player for so long and show massive admiration for him, sign him, not really play him and then get rid permanently! It just doesn’t make sense imo.

Probably the first time Wilder has been at a Club with appears an unlimited budget. He is always being linked with players and seems to behave like a kid in a sweet shop for the first time.

Why chase a player for so long and show massive admiration for him, sign him, not really play him and then get rid permanently! It just doesn’t make sense imo.
Maybe he wasn't what he thought he was going to be. I'm sure every manager has signed a player who then didn't fit in but can't really say he is clueless haha. More than impressive record.

Maybe he wasn't what he thought he was going to be. I'm sure every manager has signed a player who then didn't fit in but can't really say he is clueless haha. More than impressive record.

Clueless is probably a bit harsh, just annoyed they’ve messed Leonard about. Hate to see a player whose done so well with us wasted when stepped up.

I see millwall want him on loan with a view to a permanent deal, sell on clause was included I take it when we sold him?

I imagine that if there was a sell on, it would only be on any profit
IF Millwall bought him in January I really couldn't see there being any profit whatsoever. Millwall were outbid by Sheffield United in the last January window so the prospect of them coughing up £700k for a player who is only a squad member at Bramall Lane is remote. I reckon the Blades would let him go for 500/600k to free the wages up.

Said way back that he'd have been better off going to Millwall, good luck to him, hope it works out better than it has done in Sheffield.

I think Millwall play 4-4-2, which would suit Lenny better. Sheff Utd play with a sort of 3-4-3 system that possibly restricts him from playing in his natural lung-bursting manner.

Back