• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

At the end of the day. We sold an out of contract player for 500k. We have a sell on of around 100k to come. Sounds like good business to me.

I wish we made £700,000 on every unrequired player we signed.

Millwall's new midfielder Ryan Leonard started his first Lions appearance since signing from Sheffield United.

Millwall currently 1:0 up at home against league leaders Leeds, with Ryan playing well.

Update: game finished Millwall 1 Leeds 1 with Ryan getting in a full 90 minutes.

I was in the Tesco Express on London Road on Leigh yesterday afternoon and spotted Lenny (I didn’t speak to him though) does he have relatives down this way or still have a place close by?

I was in the Tesco Express on London Road on Leigh yesterday afternoon and spotted Lenny (I didn’t speak to him though) does he have relatives down this way or still have a place close by?

His girlfriend is from Leigh and has family here, and, as far as I know he retained the property that he bought here when he went up to Sheffield.

Ironic. He must have put 100's of long throws into the box for us over the years and I can't remember any of them resulting in a goal. With what must have been one of his first, if not his first, for Millwall, they score ?

Has his own thread on Millwall fans forum following today's game and obviously played well with some saying he was MOTM - so pleased for Lenny.

Went to the game yesterday (Minus my daughter as I headed to the 'vocal' section near my yorkshire chums) and was very impressed with Lenny. Definitely grew into the game more as time went on, but think he'll work very well with Williams in the middle.

Not got plans to go for awhile now, as the missus is coming down to Southend as kiddo has insisted, but I'll be watching Lenny from afar with interest. Also, his long throw automatically gives him the best delivery at the club. Knew there was a reason Harris chased for a year plus!

Also, his long throw automatically gives him the best delivery at the club. Knew there was a reason Harris chased for a year plus!

I'll tell you what @Marsh92, in all the years I have watched Lenny I don't think I saw a Southend goal scored from his long throws. That probably says more about our forwards than his throw. I hope he gets better returns from your mob.

As we all said, a player used to his best advantage proves to be vital to the team. Big fat raspberries to Wilder.

As we all said, a player used to his best advantage proves to be vital to the team. Big fat raspberries to Wilder.
Wilder will make a profit on him and his team are currently fifth in the Championship.
I think he's sleeping ok at night.

Wilder will make a profit on him and his team are currently fifth in the Championship.
I think he's sleeping ok at night.
Maybe, but you surely don't plan to track a player for a year and then try and turn him into something he's not, fail and then off load him - even if it is at a profit?

Maybe, but you surely don't plan to track a player for a year and then try and turn him into something he's not, fail and then off load him - even if it is at a profit?
sounds like a win-win gamble with no downside. Wilder hasn't lost out in any way has he?

Also lots of manager will bring in a player like Lenny with lots of attributes and a great attitude aged 25/26 and think "I'm about to get you at your peak ability over the next couple of years, so let's work on how you're going to best fit into the team".

Lenny had a couple of average performances and struggled in the system Wilder wanted to play, and that's not really anyone's fault, it's just football and Wilder's recruitment and system seemed to be working out pretty well after 5 games. Oliver Norwood has come in (basically as a replacement for Leonard), and been fantastic by most accounts.

Why not? -it stopped him signing for Millwall last season and Millwall and Sheff U were both going for play off places - so it stopped opponents strengthening.

What's the cut off point? If Millwall had offered £2m should Wilder have still said no? Every player has a price at which point it's better to take the money than refuse to sell.

Clearly Wilder still valued Leonard at the price he bought him at because he rejected Millwall's initial offer and was still playing him, but he felt that the money from the second offer was too good to pass up on.

Back