• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

mattitouk

Life President
Well the first of the season is Gary Bowyer who has left Blackpool after just one game.

Not a sacking, but understandable that he's had enough. I think he's a very good manager so I hope he does well somewhere else, preferably somewhere that isn't mental

3rd season curse of his.

They're installing a Director of Football at Old Trafford and he's not at all happy with it, and has missed out transfer targets. He always looks ****ed off on the telly.

They're installing a Director of Football at Old Trafford and he's not at all happy with it, and has missed out transfer targets. He always looks ****ed off on the telly.

Who has or is in line for that job?

Reports Karl Robinson may be sacked by Oxford today after 4-0, 2-0 and 4-1 defeats so far this season.

Last edited:
If Ox lose there next two games he will be gone, and if Bradford lose theirs than the lad there will also be getting the sack. I am surprised with Oxford as he looked to be assembling a reasonable squad but I believe they keep getting key injuries and, like Bradford are very new to playing together/unsettled.

In a similar way, Kenny Milllar seems to have sacked himself, according to TalkSport and some media,
Kenny (being a player - manager) was asked by the club to hang up his boots and concentrate solely on managing the club, he felt he wasn't ready to quit playing yet, so walked away completely after just 2 league games and 7 weeks in charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45244544

Reports Karl Robinson may be sacked by Oxford today after 4-0, 2-0 and 4-1 defeats so far this season.

You can add a 3-2 defeat to Accrington Stanley to that list, not to mention ex-Championship sides Burton and Sunderland are coming up in the next two league games.

Last edited:
Back to who is really sacked

Gary Johnson departs from Cheltenham

He reached his peak with Yeovil in 2004, & Bristol City 2 seasons later.
Albeit he also got Cheltenham back into the football league, couple of years ago.
Was'nt he rumoured to be joining us few seasons ago?.

Yeah, I remember his name being banded about. I’d rather have his son as manager than him.

Kevin Nolan gone at Notts County after no wins and a single draw in 5 games.

Bit of a turn around for him after leading them to the play off's last season.

Last edited:
Back