• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sacked Managers 2018/19

Kevin Nolan gone at Notts County after no wins and a single draw in 5 games.

Bit of a turn around for him after leading them to the play off's last season.

They say a run of 4 bad games these days and you’re gone. It’s a ruthless business with no loyalty or sentiment.

Kevin Nolan gone at Notts County after no wins and a single draw in 5 games.

Bit of a turn around for him after leading them to the play off's last season.
I always look at the club's forum with stuff like this and the fans seem to think it's the right decision, apparently they've been poor since January and Nolan's made some dodgy transfers that have squandered the budget.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38227178

I know it’s not sacked but Harry Kewell leaves Crawley to take over Notts County.

Bradford City sack Michael Collins.

Personally i don't think 6 points from 6 games isn't really that bad, especially when you consider we are on 7 points ourselves.

As Ricey said in an earlier post, a run of 4 bad games seems to be justification for a sacking these days.

Personally i don't think 6 points from 6 games isn't really that bad, especially when you consider we are on 7 points ourselves.

As Ricey said in an earlier post, a run of 4 bad games seems to be justification for a sacking these days.
From what I understand the only experience this guy has in management is one part time role managing Bradford's under 18s for less than a year, which he was apparently rubbish at doing. If he was experienced you might have faith in him turning things around but he never should have been hired in the first place. I can't find a single person on their forum saying that he should have been given more time. Apparently he didn't even apply for the job, Bradford just panicked because literally no one was interested in being their manager so they just promoted the youth coach, if they've found someone with experience to get board they'd be mad not to bring him in.

He was my personal first choice for the sack in L1. From player to manager sometimes works, as we all know. But not youth coach, Posh tried it 3 years ago. Players just don’t respect you....rightly or wrongly.

Ex Shrimper Dean Austin becomes the 7th casualty this season after parting ways with Northampton.

Dean smith from Brentford is the new manager of Aston Villa, strange one for me this as I thought villa would go for a big name, Cowley brothers are linked to Brentford job now, think they would be mad to leave Lincoln right now.

Dean smith from Brentford is the new manager of Aston Villa, strange one for me this as I thought villa would go for a big name, Cowley brothers are linked to Brentford job now, think they would be mad to leave Lincoln right now.
I think Nathan Jones would be a better choice .

Always has been but not as bad as his old team mate Mark Hughes .

Ha! I remember him as a player at Barçelona.He Just couldn't trap the ball,which was why Barça farmed him out to Bayern Munich pdq.I swear Venables convinced the Barça board to buy him, on the strength of a video of a wonderful volleyed goal he scored in an International game for Wales.

Villa tried to get Thierry Henry but he rejected them (supposedly Monaco are interested in him which is why he said no), Dean Smith was their backup option.

If it was any other club apart from Brentford, I'd agree with you. However, genuinely think they'll ease into the playoffs this year and a new stadium on the way. Club is on the up without doubt, just depends on if the Cowley brothers can work the way Brentford operate as a club. Differing methods to most. Personally think it would be a great fit for both.

Why wouldn’t the Cowley’s want to treble their wages and manage in the Championship?

Last edited:
Back