• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MR G

First XI⭐
Sad day for our club. Been a supporter since mid seventies and looking forward to probably the biggest day in our history and this joy has now been tainted by uncle rons poor decision, and what's more make us the laughing stock of the football league by bringing mr sturrock back for the final. I for one would welcome 90 mins of paul sturrocks Barney army at Wembley. Thanks again ron

Sad day for our club. Been a supporter since mid seventies and looking forward to probably the biggest day in our history and this joy has now been tainted by uncle rons poor decision, and what's more make us the laughing stock of the football league by bringing mr sturrock back for the final. I for one would welcome 90 mins of paul sturrocks Barney army at Wembley. Thanks again ron

Sad day whenever a manager who has done a decent job goes. Felt more gutted when Tilly went. I think at the end of day you can largely ignore what the press say - somany idiots that know nothing about lower league football making comments. Cant really disagree with Ron's comments in his statement. Would feel a bit happier if it was not Phil Brown but at the end of the day football is a results business and we havent been getting the results.

It's a sad day for me too. I think whether you wanted him gone or not (I didn't) you can appreciate what he has done and respect him for his dignity, humour and willing to put up with difficult situations without complaint. Having started supporting properly in 94 and missing the eras of Webb, Fry, Smith etc he's the second best manager, results wise, I've ever known.

I think that's the point in letting him lead the team...

Ive been fully behind Sturrock, even last season when the football wasnt pretty.

However after Christmas we have fallen away and he hasnt delivered.

Our aim was to get promoted, last season was very unlucky, this season we are just not good enough.

Totally expected decision and not sure why Ron gets lambasted on this one, we have failed our main objective.

Back