• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sad death of Tango Man

Mike_Marsh

Schoolboy
I would like to send mine and my families condolences to Tango Man's partner Kerry and their kids on the sad news of his death last week aged 45 of a massive heart attack.
I am sure his presence will be missed in the South Stand.
RIP Tango Man.

Not the guy from the south upper that got in a bit of bother with a certain goalkeeper not so long ago? Always animated.
Sad news.

Not the guy from the south upper that got in a bit of bother with a certain goalkeeper not so long ago? Always animated.
Sad news.

No mate, he is still alive -- Tango was a bald bloke who was sponsored to have a massive club badge tattooed on his stomach. IIRC.

Thats Fat Nick, I don't think he's 45 yet .
He got a ban for 3 game si think, but managed to sneak in after two and was met with a chorus of:

He's fat
He's round
They chucked him out the ground
Big Fat Nick
Big Fat Nick

One of the SU's better efforts

Fat Nick and his mate Jeff, I used to sit next to them for a couple of years. Didn't Nick used to be a Millwall fan?

As for Tango Man RIP my condolences are with his wife and family. Remember seeing the article in the Echo when he has the Southend United chrest tattooed on his stomach. :(

I wonder how many kids they had now, it was about 9 at the last count, all paid for by the social.

A sad loss for them.

Fat Nick and his mate Jeff, I used to sit next to them for a couple of years. Didn't Nick used to be a Millwall fan?

As for Tango Man RIP my condolences are with his wife and family. Remember seeing the article in the Echo when he has the Southend United chrest tattooed on his stomach. :([/QUOTE

They are the pair Matt, a couple of mentalists if ever I saw some!!

Indeed RIP to Tango Man!

Remember seeing him around with his misses at aways games in the Pub a few years back.... I did read on here a few months back he was ill always found him very chatty.

Tango Man RIP my condolences with his wife and family

Sad lost to the Southend United community

Always sad when we lose a Southend fan. I've lost a few mates from football over the years and there's always a gap at games when they are no longer there with you.

RIP fellow Shrimper!

My heart goes out to Kerry and the children. I knew Tango through work and football and have only just heard the sad news today!! He was only in my workplace the other week - he may have joked about him being a big man, but he had a big personality to go with it. Kerry all of us at The Family Centre are deeply saddened by your loss.

Back