• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I am very sad to tell you that we lost another long term Shrimper yesterday. His name was Tony Livermore from Kent Avenue Leigh. He somehow got the nickname weasel. Tony started watching Southend in the late Sixties. Tony was a great guy, quite harmless. Fit as a fiddle as a teenager, but the drink got hold of him when he started going up The Elms. Subsequently, he's not been well for years. You may have seen him before home games in his bobble hat in The Spread, before he would slowly shuffle to the ground with his walking stick. Sometimes helped by a mate. I think it was Billy Bests boot laces that called him the Oracle, as Tony knew all the names and faces and what the latest news about them was, especially anyone from Leigh. Very sad indeed.

RIP. I remember seeing this fella have a tear up with dagenham Kev over Kev being a pain.

Very sad news.

Tony was a nice guy and loved to have a chat about anything SUFC over a pint in the Spread.

Didn't he just come back from a holiday in Thailand?

RIP Tony

very sad,will have a few beers for him today,always good for a chat about the blues...good,good lad.
My last game at Roots Hall had a chat with him,then again in the Last post ,i think
Will miss him...RIP mate

Got to love a bloke that loves a drink, George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Jimmy Greaves, Hurricane Higgins, have a sup with 3 of them and reminesce of football matches enjoyed. RIP

Sad to hear of the passing of a fellow Shrimper.
Spoke to him a few times in the spread and found Him very knowledgeable.
RIP Tony and condolences to family and friends.

I was speaking to Tony the day before his trip to Cambodia/Vietnam I think. do we know if he passed away abroad or at home as he was unsure how long he would be away for.

I was speaking to Tony the day before his trip to Cambodia/Vietnam I think. do we know if he passed away abroad or at home as he was unsure how long he would be away for.

He was due back a couple of days ago. Details still sketchy, but apparently he had a fatal heart attack whilst out there.

Such sad news. Tony stood on the North Bank in the 70's when it was packed with characters and individuals that had decided life was a laugh and normal rules didn't apply to us. Great memories of away days in 77/78 at Watford, Brentford etc where we took possession of the town and the ground for the day with Tony in the middle of it laughing and smiling and enjoying the chaos and excitement of it all. R.I.P Tony. Fondly Remembered.

Tony had been following Southend for over 50 years home and away through good times and bad . He was given the name weasle by his sports master at Belfairs because he was running round the changing room like a little weasle and it just seemed to stick . Tony was very much part of the Old Leigh Comm , in the last few years we have been having reunions Tony would always be there sitting at the bar with a big smile on his face reliving old times with his old friends . Although small those who knew him will tell you that he was not scared of anyone and would stand up to anyone as proved about twenty odd years ago when he stood up to someone outside the Carlton who was the most well know face in the area . Tony was a very loyal guy who will always be remebered with affection by all thoughs that knew him , Rip Tony.

Tony Livermore

I am very sad to tell you that we lost another long term Shrimper yesterday. His name was Tony Livermore from Kent Avenue Leigh. He somehow got the nickname weasel. Tony started watching Southend in the late Sixties. Tony was a great guy, quite harmless. Fit as a fiddle as a teenager, but the drink got hold of him when he started going up The Elms. Subsequently, he's not been well for years. You may have seen him before home games in his bobble hat in The Spread, before he would slowly shuffle to the ground with his walking stick. Sometimes helped by a mate. I think it was Billy Bests boot laces that called him the Oracle, as Tony knew all the names and faces and what the latest news about them was, especially anyone from Leigh. Very sad indeed.

Hi I am an old friend of Tony Livermore's, his funeral is at St Lawrence's Church in Eastwoodbury Lane tomorrow (19th May) at 12 noon. Sad to lose him, I understand he was in Cambodia when it happened, but will be buried at St Lawrence. RIP Tony mate x

Tony's funeral is in just under 12 Hours. I hope there's plenty of room at that church, because the word is that there will be a very big attendance, especially all his old friends from Leigh. Then on to The Elms to toast a great guy.

Back