• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you back The Safe Standing Campaign?

• Total voters
If the person in front of you decides to stand and you have a leg problem where you cant stand for long, you wont be able to see the match properly without an obstucted view. so imo this is a non starter, but i am sure there are those that disagree with me.
UTB

If I was able to stand could i wander away from the potty mouths around me? And thats just the in laws:smile:

If the person in front of you decides to stand and you have a leg problem where you cant stand for long, you wont be able to see the match properly without an obstucted view. so imo this is a non starter, but i am sure there are those that disagree with me.
UTB

But surley only a section of the ground would be for safe standing. If you have a manky leg, you'd chose to sit in the seating area, where people should be seated for 95% of the match.

Im all for this.
1) Better atmosphere created.
2) You can stand next to friends who bought a ticket at a different time to you.
3) As mentioned above, you can sneak away from idiots who think they know it all but dont understand the game.

But surley only a section of the ground would be for safe standing. If you have a manky leg, you'd chose to sit in the seating area, where people should be seated for 95% of the match.

Im all for this.
1) Better atmosphere created.
2) You can stand next to friends who bought a ticket at a different time to you.
3) As mentioned above, you can sneak away from idiots who think they know it all but dont understand the game.

So well away from the ground you mean?

If I was able to stand could i wander away from the potty mouths around me? And thats just the in laws:smile:

Not these days. 'Safe standing' means you are designated a certain spot to stand. The only difference would be that you couldn't smack a chair on your in-laws head, which would take a lot of the fun out of the whole matchday experience.

UTB

No, you've got this completely wrong.

Safe standing benefits those who can't or don't want to stand.

Those who want to stand go into that area. That way those who are not standing are not inconvenienced by the rude and selfish people who currently stand in a seated area regardless of those behind them.

Just noticed this is a poll. Can't think why anyone would vote against it; it's not the whole ground , just a section, and you wouldn't have to go in it if you didn't want to. Freedom of choice, live and let live ..... all that sort of thing.

UTB

You are missing the whole point. It wont force people to stand if they dont want to but have specific areas where its allowed.

Grounds should definitely have standing areas. They dont even have to do anything other than designate current seating areas where people are allowed to stand.

No brainer to me.

However if people expect terracing to reappear where crowds can surge then that wont happen.

We all know crowd surging terracing ain't coming back however there has been so many games where people just want to stand rather then sit some people feel more involved standing then sitting and the stewards try and enforce the petty rule Stockport away about 2/3 seasons ago half the stand was in the social club by half time after being ejected - the rule is a joke and it's time to end it! Bit like drinking while watching football

if i could stand and head but the moaning ******* behind me i would

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know crowd surging terracing ain't coming back however there has been so many games where people just want to stand rather then sit some people feel more involved standing then sitting and the stewards try and enforce the petty rule Stockport away about 2/3 seasons ago half the stand was in the social club by half time after being ejected - the rule is a joke and it's time to end it! Bit like drinking while watching football

Indeed, all they need to do is say the North Bank is standing. They can leave the seats there to make it safe yet those who wish to stand can do so.

This is obviously not the issue it used to be as the North Bank were allowed to stand at the end of the season, so the league obviously relaxing their stance.

I personally want to sit down as Im lazy but its time rules were changed and those who want to stand can do so.

Indeed, all they need to do is say the North Bank is standing. They can leave the seats there to make it safe yet those who wish to stand can do so.

This is obviously not the issue it used to be as the North Bank were allowed to stand at the end of the season, so the league obviously relaxing their stance.

I personally want to sit down as Im lazy but its time rules were changed and those who want to stand can do so.

To be fair we have a good working relationship with jobbo and he turns a blind eye as much as the league will let him! We never really have a problem ever so I don't see the club rocking the boat any time soon

Back