• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Safe standing

So with Wolves’ recent plans to introduce safe standing into their ‘South Bank’.

I’m interested in finding out whether people find the idea favourable, or against the concept?

If yes, in our new ground, where would you place the section? I know it’s a mixed bag of opinions but I think it’s a good idea.

I'm definitely in favour of safe standing and probably a 'behind the goal' position would be a good choice. Unlike spiffy who is still young and agile, I can only manage 4 or 5 jump up and downs in a game these days so I will have to go for an all seated area.

Certainly behind the goal. A splendid idea for the true working classes. I shall wave down from my FF executive lounge......In-between courses I would imagine.

Reactions: GBJ
Moving the singing section away from the away fans kills the atmosphere abit imo.

I had our new stadium in mind rather than Roots Hall when I said that, to be honest, so I’m not entirely sure how that will affect proximity to the away fans - I agree though it’s good to have the noisy sections quite close. I’d put the away fans up in the gods in one of the corners if it was up to me (sorry!) :Smile::Moon:

Certainly behind the goal. A splendid idea for the true working classes. I shall wave down from my FF executive lounge......In-between courses I would imagine.

Unless the "new" stadium appears...……………...I 've been waiting awhile …..South Lower has ****e viewing and is not noise enhancing...hey ho !

Trawling through as you do these days...

Came across this from 29th April, Man Utd are joining Wolves with trialling safe standing.
Surely got to be explored as an option for the new stadium.

I’d definitely go for safe standing, while my legs can still take it. Won’t be too long until I’m moving to the East stand (or FF equivalent) with various ailments ..

Sa
Agreed, with reduced ticket prices, bigger attendance, more noise, more club revenue.
fe standing doesn’t and shouldn’t increase attendencies. The seats just body up and use the same space as a normal seat and are sold with 1 per space in mind by clubs.

i am not a fan but understand why some would like to see terraces return

I wouldn't have a problem with safe standing at Fossetts Farm but it's not for me. I reckon I've got 5, maybe 6, stand ups sit downs during a game after which my legs dont respond to my brain's instructions to stand. Luckily we seldom score more than 4/5 goals so my ratio of ups and downs is just about right. The trick is that if you do sit, your view should not be obscured by the safe standers. Truthfully, with the way things are at the moment I'd settle for a new stadium without safe standing if it got approval/got built quicker.

Back