• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett Angle

First XI
Not sure if anybody has seen this but it seems Sainsbury could be using a council ruling that the club feels would likely be overturned (if appealed) as an excuse to pull out of developing the existing ground and putting paid to their new one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28935272

Wonder if this is a glimpse of the future and reflects the company's alleged desire to move away from existing agreements reached on big 'out of town' superstore developments.? If so watch this space I guess.

They're reviewing all of their store development plans and ours will be key in that. Nothing we can really do but sit back and watch.

I am very disappointed that somebody with the requisite knowledge/ ability has edited my post (i.e. added 'Bristol Rovers' to original title) on the basis a couple of people have had a 'sense of humour by-pass'. I thought a message board allowed an individual a level of freedom of speech / expression as long as it was clean and not litigious / offensive. I was a serious subject reported and quoted accurately with a FUN 'red-top newspaper' like headline. I'm not sure who I am most angry at - Pubey (get a life) or the person(s) who seems to have edited my headline on the back of his ridiculous (expletive) over-reaction. However it confirms to me (if I ever needed it) of the narrow minded nature of some of 'our fans' and clearly the influence those same people appear to have on others. After 4 years contributing I believe constructively at all times on this board I'm off. Someone has crossed the line. I know Moderators have a job to do but I didn't think 'killjoy' was part of the job description.

AA%20angry.gif

I am very disappointed that somebody with the requisite knowledge/ ability has edited my post (i.e. added 'Bristol Rovers' to original title) on the basis a couple of people have had a 'sense of humour by-pass'. I thought a message board allowed an individual a level of freedom of speech / expression as long as it was clean and not litigious / offensive. I was a serious subject reported and quoted accurately with a FUN 'red-top newspaper' like headline. I'm not sure who I am most angry at - Pubey (get a life) or the person(s) who seems to have edited my headline on the back of his ridiculous (expletive) over-reaction. However it confirms to me (if I ever needed it) of the narrow minded nature of some of 'our fans' and clearly the influence those same people appear to have on others. After 4 years contributing I believe constructively at all times on this board I'm off. Someone has crossed the line. I know Moderators have a job to do but I didn't think 'killjoy' was part of the job description.

AA%20angry.gif

hahahahaha:smile:

AA%20angry.gif

Your heading was misleading and the subject does not even belong on this forum' Pubey ' in my opinion was quite correct to pull you up on it and why you are so upset that a moderator had the common sense to change it beats me. You've decided to throw your toys out of the pram. Bye Bye and don't slam the door on the way out.:stunned:

AA%20angry.gif

You nearly gave me (and I'm sure others) heart failure before reading the article. I think you need to relax a little bit and expect a reaction if you decide to try and wind people up.

BTW, I apologise for swearing. However this is a big boys forum and people sometimes say naughty words. I hope you get over it.

AA%20angry.gif

It wasn't me that moderated the title but, just to confirm, I would have done the same thing as whoever did. It's not about having a sense of humour. These type of posts basically just wind people up and that's not what we really want on a Friday afternoon.

Actually, it IS about having a sense of humour. It just wasn't particularly funny.

So anyway... flouncing off of ShrimperZone threads are even less welcome so we'll just shut this one down now. Hopefully you'll relax over the weekend, we'll get a win and you'll get back to enjoying the Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back