• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Salford City 3-0 Southend United

I’ve always fancied away trips to Altrincham, King’s Lynn and Woking.

All joking aside though, I fear that should we go down.. and it’s going to take something special to prevent that.. but if we do I fear we’ll go the same way as Boston and Torquay. We’ll be lost in the non leagues for years to come.

Where do we go from here? I like MM, I think it’s refreshing to hear him talk and given time and resources he can do well for us but this is a business built on results and right now we aren’t getting them.

We’ve endured over two years now of utter rubbish. I, as I’m sure everyone single one of you am hurting seeing us getting beat every week. It’s becoming very draining.

Last edited:
We need to treat every games as an pre season to prepare for non league football next seasons.

It's simple.

We have lost all quality at the club and replaced with non league quality and kids a s have a manager who is treating league two football like an u23s league.

We will go down without a fight.

We needed an experienced manager ala sturrock in situations such as these.

Not really fair to judge MM yet. He’s been managing with both hands tied behind his back. Yeah he’s signed some players but what a hard sell it must be getting literally anyone to join us. We‘re a ****ing mess and there’s many people to blame. MM ain’t one of them.

Unless Ron goes or employs someone to run the club nothing will change - if we do get Fossetts farm it will be the best stadium in the National League South! Should get at least 2000 there when we play Billericay!

You know it’s bad when you’re not hoping for a goal but you’re just willing them on to create a chance!

Really struggling to find any positives in that performance, one good recovery tackle from Lennon I recall. Hope someone else can jog my memory. I genuinely thought the touch, control, composure, vision and accuracy was appalling throughout the whole team tonight.

we need to get the likes of white,akinola back on the pitch to get a chance of staying in this division forget about promotion its about survival.

Im going to post my quote I put in the match thread while I calm down and think of something else to write.

I think its the fact we were literally never this bad under Sol. Molesley has signed 8 players, brought in 6 backroom staff, claims to be a data nerd and yet we look astonishingly clueless.

For whats it worth, I am not MM out. But there is evidently already some red flags appearing about him. "I would rather spend money on a data software to improve a current player rather than going out and signing a player" he has signed 8 and actually spent a fee on Ashley Nathaniel George.

Why is 6ft3 Richard Taylor taking free kicks? Why finally get results then change the formation a game after? My biggest worry, is that he could be too much of a Mr Nice Guy. Time will tell

I am not MM out. But the red flags are deeply concerning. It's such a tough ask for him with no football league or full time experience to try and steady this burst dingy boat.

Painful to watch as we were just not good enough tonight. No amount of huff and puff effort can make up for an inability to pass to another Blue shirt rather than the opposition. And the whole bloody thing was compounded by having to listen to that total dick Stuart Smith. It was so much better when there was no commentary.

Totally clueless again for the whole match

They try, but no passion, and no ability

MM has been dealt a bad card but if he is responsible for tactics that continually result in a back pass then questions need to be asked re his suitability

In 49 years of watching Southend it has NEVER been this bad

The easiest thing at the moment is picking up points in Pete's Southend United Prediction League, the only variable being how many we lose by

Ox 1 A good goalkeeper would have had two of them....he is not a good goalkeeper
Elvis 4 gets worse every week
Dieng 6 at least we know he can be decent
Lennon 6 worth his place
Taylor 1 hopeless
K Taylor 6 quality player ruined playing with misfits
Egbri 6 lively but shouldn't be in plans if we are going forward
Arsenal bloke 6 looks ok but these premier youngsters arn't exactly setting us alight
Spurs bloke...5 no better than our own stiffs
Badship 4 couldn't trap a bag of cement.....non league
Demi 4 Mr. backwards all night...what's the point?

Oxley 4 No confidence to come more than 3 yards from his line and it’s costing us. At fault for the first goal and a big part of the mess we are in with any ball into the box

elvis 4.Look back, pass to dieng.
Taylor 4. Not a left back
Dieng 5. Didn’t get close enough for the second goal
lennon 3. Had a shocker today

New lad 6. Neat passing. Looked to move things forwards
demi 6. Neat passing. Tried to get us going
Egbri 7 first half 2 second half
Taylor 5. Looked better when moved central

goodship 1. Absolute shocker today. Plenty of effort, but no where near good enough for this level.
sterling 4. No service and hit and miss when the ball did go to him. Harsh to blame him with what was thrown up to him

MM. You sir are having a shocker. The other day it was a crazy switch to 3 at the back. Today, move your best passer to a wide right spot where he never gets the ball. I can understand he wanted to tighten up the midfield, but don’t mess up the centre. He has to see that 80% of our attacks break down through goodship. He has to realise that the 10 passes to get out of your own half isn’t working. We have throw ins deep in their half and work it back to our keeper to lump it forward to where it came. There are not enough players on the pitch thinking about what they are doing. It’s all rush and no brains.

Mark. This is league 2. Cut out the passing cr@p out of the back. Get a big one and a quick one up front and leather the ball into the channels. If we lose it there, the opposition ain’t good enough to pass their way up field and do something with it.

Of course this relies on having a decent big one up front. Acquah is the best we have at the moment, so this is where you need to try to bring one inif there are any available.

Back