• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Salford City 3-0 Southend United

Glad I saved my money tonight!

Might I suggest Mr Molesley gets on the phone to Mr Tilson and at least listens to what he has to say? At least he has some experience of this kind of situation and he had plenty of ideas. I don't think there would have been the wholesale change of backroom staff if he had come in!

Rons biggest mistake was to allow pressure from fans inside Roots Hall to push him to sack Chris Powell. I defy anyone to say we didn’t at least resemble a proper football club with him in charge and even with a possible relegation in sight that the club didn’t have a clearer future ahead of it.

On one hand I agree, but on the other hand I really don‘t. Powell did wonders with Brown’s squad, but for me, a lot of our problems began when he released the vast majority of our characters and saddled us with the likes of Mantom, Hyam, Lennon and co. His recruitment was poor and we’re still paying for it. Yes he signed some good players (Humphrys and Hopper), but once those bigger characters left we never looked or felt like the same team.

Love the bloke dearly, just saying it as I see it.

Rons biggest mistake was to allow pressure from fans inside Roots Hall to push him to sack Chris Powell. I defy anyone to say we didn’t at least resemble a proper football club with him in charge and even with a possible relegation in sight that the club didn’t have a clearer future ahead of it.
Don’t agree, did you go to Peterborough away??
Incidentally two of the donkeys that powell signed and are still here because they aren’t good enough to get another club played tonight ... Lennon And dieng ... they were part of the defence that again let in three... the other tosser that he signed is now playing for a pub team ...

Incidentally two of the donkeys that powell signed and are still here because they aren’t good enough to get another club played tonight ... Lennon And dieng ... they were part of the defence that again let in three... the other tosser that he signed is now playing for a pub team ...

Hang on, I thought Lennon and Dieng were the ones playing for a pub team

We were 10 seconds away from beating Exeter - how did that happen ?
Not relevant to tonight I know , but really thought after those two draws we were making progress.
Tonight was embarrassing

I don't think we appreciate how big a goal that could prove to be. We just needed to hold on, get a bit of confidence and belief. Confidence is a huge part of football and we have absolutely zero.

There is a lot of hate for the style of play at the moment and I can understand it because when you have players who have no confidence, it can look horrendous. But we don't have the players to play physical stuff.

Yes Peterborough was awful. But isolated performances at that level are normal if few and far between. It wasn’t like that every week and it certainly wasn’t the norm.

Btw Yes Dieng and Lennon were part of a poor performance tonight and were Powell signings but so to were Hopper, Bishop, Humphrys, Hutchinson and Kelman who have all moved on in order to maintain the existence of the club and all would’ve formed part of a future under Powell that looked a lot less bleak than what it does now!

Interested to hear which magical managerial appointment you think we can make that’s going to make a squad of players barely good enough to stay up in the Conference, stay up in League 2.
I’m not sure there is one and hate us changing managers all the time. Loved it when we had Tilly, Sturrock and Brown and only 3 mangers in 13 years! That said really not sure MM is the answer, given our current showing. I accept the **** cards he has been dealt but I’m not seeing any ray of light so far!

I'm not being dramatic when I say we need 5 or 6 new signings.

This current team would be lucky to finish mid table in the national league.

The young players MM has brought in seem way out of their depth.

I'm really starting to think my concerns at the start of the season are becoming true ... MM doesn't know how to manage and recruit for professional senior football.

There is no way , this set of players can turn this around.

I will run the length of Southend High Street in nothing but a pair of speedos if Southend stay up with this team

just getting back to that free kick just in our half that we managed to pass back to Oxley sorry but I'm obsessing about how inept we were in taking it). Now Salford did what all reasonable second division teams do with their free kicks. They sent their big lads up, got them to muscle in and smashed the ball in to the box. It isn't pretty but it's effective. Why Lennon and Dieng who both have a decent height and are both reasonable headers couldn't do this is beyond me. We passed it back to our keeper. Goodness me. We passed it back to our keeper.

Yes Peterborough was awful. But isolated performances at that level are normal if few and far between. It wasn’t like that every week and it certainly wasn’t the norm.

Btw Yes Dieng and Lennon were part of a poor performance tonight and were Powell signings but so to were Hopper, Bishop, Humphrys, Hutchinson and Kelman who have all moved on in order to maintain the existence of the club and all would’ve formed part of a future under Powell that looked a lot less bleak than what it does now!
It was like that every week you’re off your nut if you think it wasn’t ... it was woeful

Back