• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Salford City FC

They’ll just be another fleetwood at very best with very low crowds unless they get a new stadium and a couple more promotions, won’t happen.

I agree it wont happen, they wont get a new stadium, at best they might make a few more changes if they survive a couple of seasons in Div 2 to increase capacity a bit more.

They have only just finished redevolping their current 5,000 stadium in October 2017.

Last edited:
Doing it a better way than Billericay though.

They really aren’t. Obviously Tamplin is mentally ill and Salford are more professional in their approach, but their playing budget was over £3,000,000 in the National League. Let that sink in for a moment. £3,000,000+. In non-league. On crowds of 2,000 (half of which are rubber-necking bandwagon jumpers, the other half freebies). They’re Fleetwood on steroids.

What’s the biggest transfer fee Southend have paid recently? Because they spent 350k on Adam Rooney. Who’s your highest-paid player? Because Danny Lloyd gets in the region of 5k a week to sit on their bench. Who did you bring in in January? Because they spent six figures on Matt f***ing Green and they’re already trying to sell him.

They’re the epitome of almost - even I can’t pin Franchise FC on them - everything that’s wrong with football in this country. They’re the mutation of the plague heralded by Rushden & Diamonds. And make no mistake it’s a plague that’ll be heading your way next season, 100 away fans in tow, with a fawning media ready to label them the fairytale story of the century.

They really aren’t. Obviously Tamplin is mentally ill and Salford are more professional in their approach, but their playing budget was over £3,000,000 in the National League. Let that sink in for a moment. £3,000,000+. In non-league. On crowds of 2,000 (half of which are rubber-necking bandwagon jumpers, the other half freebies). They’re Fleetwood on steroids.

What’s the biggest transfer fee Southend have paid recently? Because they spent 350k on Adam Rooney. Who’s your highest-paid player? Because Danny Lloyd gets in the region of 5k a week to sit on their bench. Who did you bring in in January? Because they spent six figures on Matt f***ing Green and they’re already trying to sell him.

They’re the epitome of almost - even I can’t pin Franchise FC on them - everything that’s wrong with football in this country. They’re the mutation of the plague heralded by Rushden & Diamonds. And make no mistake it’s a plague that’ll be heading your way next season, 100 away fans in tow, with a fawning media ready to label them the fairytale story of the century.

And the Orient Italian owner splashing all that money on you was no better. It’s football of today, clubs are being used as rich peoples play toys. It’s not going away we’ve just got to live with it. I like the players from the class of 92 and wish them the best of luck with their venture with Salford.

And the Orient Italian owner splashing all that money on you was no better. It’s football of today, clubs are being used as rich peoples play toys. It’s not going away we’ve just got to live with it. I like the players from the class of 92 and wish them the best of luck with their venture with Salford.

Not the same situation at all. That was a criminal washing vast amounts of cash for his mafiosi familia whilst simultaneously destroying an historic football league club. Not a bunch of rich blokes purchasing a village club to artificially implant it at a level far beyond any remote prospect of sustainability.

With hobby clubs, there’s living with it, and then there’s liking it. Dunno why anyone would wish them well. They offer nothing to the league except vast financial inequality. Salford haven’t even got their original 300 or so fans, who all abandoned the club when the Nevilles et al showed up and destroyed their club’s identity.

Not the same situation at all. That was a criminal washing vast amounts of cash for his mafiosi familia whilst simultaneously destroying an historic football league club. Not a bunch of rich blokes purchasing a village club to artificially implant it at a level far beyond any remote prospect of sustainability.

With hobby clubs, there’s living with it, and then there’s liking it. Dunno why anyone would wish them well. They offer nothing to the league except vast financial inequality. Salford haven’t even got their original 300 or so fans, who all abandoned the club when the Nevilles et al showed up and destroyed their club’s identity.

At least these lads have a link to the club and it’s not just for the hell of it. Why is it such a bad thing for a load of local lads who want to help push a club that is close to their heart forward. If we had people like that at Southend I’d be over the moon. Rather than it being some rich dudes play toy. Like all the oil monies, they have no love for their clubs and could pull their money at any point without a care in the world.

Peter Shin’s investment if it was pulled could cause issues but I think with the Class of 92 involved they could survive without him.

Personally I’d rather Salford do well next season than the plastic Hammers.

At least these lads have a link to the club and it’s not just for the hell of it. Why is it such a bad thing for a load of local lads who want to help push a club that is close to their heart forward. If we had people like that at Southend I’d be over the moon. Rather than it being some rich dudes play toy. Like all the oil monies, they have no love for their clubs and could pull their money at any point without a care in the world.

Peter Shin’s investment if it was pulled could cause issues but I think with the Class of 92 involved they could survive without him.

How are they not a rich dude's play toy? Whilst the redevelopment of the stadium was necessary changing the club colours and badge wasn't. Prior to the Class of 92 showing up they played in tangerine, now they play in red.

They also completely changed the badge, there's virtually nothing left of the pre-2014 identify.

salford-city-crest.jpg

They're also trying to get the council to give them green belt land that isn't even in Salford so they can stick a training academy on it, and local residents aren't happy about that.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/turn-moss-trafford-council-neville-14634811

Out of interest, what link do they have to Salford? Was Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim’s great Aunt from there or something? How about Paul Scholes the lifelong Oldham fan from Oldham? Nicky Butt the lifelong United fan (and part-time wife-batterer) from Gorleston? David Beckham the lifelong United fan from Leytonstone? The Nevilles from Bury whose Dad has a forking stand named after him at Gigg Lane...?

The only one with a Salford connection is Giggs, whose interest in them revolved around his brother being manager there and therefore knowing when it was safe to pop round and f*** his sister-in-law.

Ps. Who are the plastic hammers*?

*If answer = “Orient”, then please feel free to pre-enjoy my reply of: “Zing. Good one.”

Out of interest, what link do they have to Salford? Was Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim’s great Aunt from there or something? How about Paul Scholes the lifelong Oldham fan from Oldham? Nicky Butt the lifelong United fan (and part-time wife-batterer) from Gorleston? David Beckham the lifelong United fan from Leytonstone? The Nevilles from Bury whose Dad has a forking stand named after him at Gigg Lane...?

The only one with a Salford connection is Giggs, whose interest in them revolved around his brother being manager there and therefore knowing when it was safe to pop round and f*** his sister-in-law.

Ps. Who are the plastic hammers*?

*If answer = “Orient”, then please feel free to pre-enjoy my reply of: “Zing. Good one.”

Even on most occasions when you talk complete ****e I worry for your sanity, this time you've completely raised the ****e to total bollocks well done Stokoe.

..but we would be upset if it happened to us?

If 5 ex West Ham players decided to take over our club and fund it, change our badge and colours to a nice claret and blue .......Would we be upset ?

If 5 ex West Ham players decided to take over our club and fund it, change our badge and colours to a nice claret and blue .......Would we be upset ?

Don’t think Salford really have a big problem with Manchester United. They don’t hate them like we hate West Ham.

Aaaaand so it begins. Salford sign Richie Towell from Brighton on wages c.8k per week. Still, not to worry, great little club all being done the right way by people who really care etc. etc.

Aaaaand so it begins. Salford sign Richie Towell from Brighton on wages c.8k per week. Still, not to worry, great little club all being done the right way by people who really care etc. etc.

Sounds like you’re jealous. Don’t believe everything you read on Twitter.

I’m about as jealous of them as you are of Fleetwood.

They weren’t fighting for relegation and did much better than us. I’m pretty jealous of that. It’s ok, just because your billionaire owner didn’t work out. Don’t be jealous that these guys are doing it the right way.

Back