• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Salford City vs Southend United 20th October 2020 19:45 hrs FL2

What would be your starting eleven for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Screenshot (78).png

First time ever of playing Paul Scholes' Salford City in any league. I hope this game isn't coming round too early, not that we have a lot of choice! Normal pre-match stuff here people, and for the masochists amongst us, the game is available for streaming live via iFollow for a tenner.

You never know, we may grab a cheeky little 1-0 in our favour.

Amazing how far Salford have come in the past few years. Just shows what a bucket load of cash can do. They were a shambles before the Manc lot came along.

Anything but a defeat will be a terrific result

.......................Ox....................
Elvis, Dieng, Hobson, Clifford
Demi, Taylor, Macca, Ralph
....Goodship, Sterling.....

I predicted a win and a clean sheet against Cheltenham. The clean sheet was right, but for the opposition.

This time I am going to do the opposite and predict a defeat. 3-0 loss and hope I am wrong. Until we have a proper balance of experience in this squad we will be cannon fodder for the good teams in this division. We have to find a way of being better than 2 other teams and even with me being optimistic in general, I dont feel confident right now.

I really hope we are already talking to some targets ahead of clearing that embargo because we need experience on the ground as soon as possible.

View attachment 13076

First time ever of playing Paul Scholes' Salford City in any league. I hope this game isn't coming round too early, not that we have a lot of choice! Normal pre-match stuff here people, and for the masochists amongst us, the game is available for streaming live via iFollow for a tenner.

I think all 46 games have come round too early for us.

Since coming up to league two Salford’s struggle has been home form. But they do have a lot of quality. Not sure on Lennon’s situation but assuming 3 games in a week is too much for him, also hoping Macca is back
Oxley
Elvis Hobson Dieng Clifford
Olayinka Taylor Macca Ralph
Goodship Acquah

sorry to say i think salford`s home form will improve tuesday night remember last couple of seasons a team would play us on a bad run and often they would win happened so many times! also notice they signed ian henderson in the summer from rochdale who loves scoring against us . strange to say think he`s in his late thirty`s playing for them .
we sign old players and they end up injured

View attachment 13076

Two early ? We’re nearly 10 games into a season ?? That is a soft comment

.......................Ox....................
Elvis, Dieng, Hobson, Clifford
Demi, Taylor, Macca, Ralph
....Goodship, Sterling.....
Stirling and elvis? Seriously didnt u watch yesrerdays game? And we havent won or got a point whilst elvis has been in the side,call me superstitious but i wouldent play elvis and hes out of form.

Stirling and elvis? Seriously didnt u watch yesrerdays game? And we havent won or got a point whilst elvis has been in the side,call me superstitious but i wouldent play elvis and hes out of form.
For once, I find myself agreeing with one of your comments.
My choice reads:
Ox (another very good game,fine saves and desperately unlucky not to save pen,having done everything right)
Demi Hobson Lennon Ralph
Olayinka Dieng Taylor
ANG Akinola Goodship

For once, I find myself agreeing with one of your comments.
My choice reads:
Ox (another very good game,fine saves and desperately unlucky not to save pen,having done everything right)
Demi Hobson Lennon Ralph
Olayinka Dieng Taylor
ANG Akinola Goodship
And what if Demi is not up to playing Sat / Tues? I suspect this may be the case.

That approach will reduce 20% of players in league 2!! There will be no teams to watch.
Crazy thing to say. So based on that , at various times the following should not play football for a living
Ralph
Gard
Lennon
Oxley
Kyprianou
Hopper
Humphreys
White
All had serious injuries and needed easing back to matches ,
That's just 1 team!

Last edited:
Why
Well he shouldn't be playing football for a living then,we cant carry anyone at this time
I'm not sure you really understand the realities of football and footballers. As some players age their previous injuries catch up with them and it's not always possible to play games close together. IF you were aware of this fact you would know that some of our greatest players in the English game have had to be managed in the number of games they play. Demi is important to us, simple.

Back