• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Salford City vs Southend United

Can anyone see our team going on an undefeated run for 5-6 games, to climb out of the mire?.
Alas i cant, even if the injured crocks return to the side.
Back in 2003 when Tilson took over & we were in big trouble, i was still confident we'd claw our way to safety, which we did.
But i dont have that confidence now, just hope that i'm wrong?.
I cant see us winning 1 game.

Sterling getting unfair critism for me. Not done much, but every single time the ball was on the ground going forwards goodship mucked it up
Sterling was utter dog ****e, he didn't win 1 header all game, looked dis interested and moaned around, it would be generous to give him 1 out of 10... we need to wake up here shrimper fans, you cannot say that anyone deserves praise...its embarrasing so far I have spent £60 seen 4 goals for us and amillion backpasses to oxley who then hoofs it up the middle straight to the other team - genius

We have to come out of the Umbongo and prepare for life in the conference. If we are able to sign players we at least have a chance to be competitive if we stay in it we will be playing Vanarama South by 2022
Optimistic to think we’ll be in business in the Vanarama South in 2022.

Before the season was curtailed I think from 1st Jan 2020 we won 3 drew 2 and lost 7 in a league higher. Not great but as bad as this ?
I have been going since 1974 ....and this is the worst....beyond compare...no fault of the players.
Phoenix club is our best option in the long run......10 years time back in the league stronger...we have the fanbase.

Can anyone see our team going on an undefeated run for 5-6 games, to climb out of the mire?.
Alas i cant, even if the injured crocks return to the side.
Back in 2003 when Tilson took over & we were in big trouble, i was still confident we'd claw our way to safety, which we did.
But i dont have that confidence now, just hope that i'm wrong?.
People talk about the late 90s and early 00's as being the most dire times as a SUFC fan... Does this trump it yet?
Been going since the late 60s and there have been some bad times, also some good. Now though things have really hit rock bottom. Covid19 has come to the rescue of this team because they would be getting slaughtered now. The saddest thing of all is that I'm almost past caring

Olyinka was a bright spark in a very dull and desperate side. K Taylor looked good first couple of games before the Southend depression took him.... looked so good central knocking it around and keeping us moving and now MM sticks him out wide.

BIG question marks appearing above MM head for me too.

Yea embargo, yea cloud over the club - get all that. Just doesnt excuse managerial decisions, team selection and one thing I've noticed, we are coached to go backwards.

Pretty much every throw. Backwards.

Hell even Oxley came out 30 yards to take a free kick and rolled it BACKWARDS behind him to Lennon (who of course nearly lost it).

Thats not embargo. Thats not Ron Martin. Thats coaching and tactics and it puts us on the backfoot mentality all the time.

Clock is ticking for Molesley. Great he works till 10pm. I'm sure his 5 year plan for us is great. But he's gonna be known as the man who was in charge when we drop into the conference if he doesnt jack his principles in soon for the short term.

We could and should finish bottom with the current side we have . Fortunately for us the Golden egg Fossat farm development will keep our club afloat with cash injections from invested parties.If this covid no fans continues much longer more than a few clubs are going .
I 've heard of clutching at straws. This is clutching at bales of hay.

Last edited:
We're bad enough without people making stuff up. We have had shots on target. They're ****e but they're still shots on target
The official stats say 1 shot on target v Cheltenham and 0 on target tonight.

In total this season 13 shots on target in 7 games. We average 1 shot on target every 48 minutes

Back