• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Salisbury City v Southend United

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Anyone making the trek tonight then? If you are, some live updates for the Zone would be appreciated.

So, with the squad finally shaping up to something resembling a proper one, will Luggy be starting to get an idea of his starting 11 for Stockport?

Any whispers of more triallists tonight? Obviously we know about CB Mark Phillips.

We certainly need more defenders and personally I would like to see a Utility man and perhaps an experienced front man. But we shall see...

Gilbert, Zaaboub and Sturrock are injured and will not be taking part this evening.

Starting XI for tonight?

Evans

Clohessy, Phillips, Coughlan, Herd

Soares, Grant, Easton, Hall

Spencer, Paterson

I'd like to see Bilel instead of Coughlan (rest him for at least 45) and Corr alongisde Spencer in a big man/little man combo :)

Shows we really need some CM options - perhaps Lewis in for Easton or Grant - again, give them 45 each.

Too much of a trek for pre-season asked how much the train was for me and they said roughly £37 not paying that to get to a preseason!

I'd like to see Bilel instead of Coughlan (rest him for at least 45) and Corr alongisde Spencer in a big man/little man combo :)

Shows we really need some CM options - perhaps Lewis in for Easton or Grant - again, give them 45 each.

Lewis who? not Hunt?!

What have I missed?!

Last edited:
Two changes to the starting line up on Monday for me.

Herd in for Gilbert
Screech in for Paterson

I know Paterson scored but he looked so lazy and lethargic throughout.

Herd in for Gilbert
Screech in for Paterson

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I was going to say something on Monday, but most were praising him and I didnt want to start any more rows!

Herd in for Gilbert
Screech in for Paterson

Im sure Herd will get some game time, but with Gilbert here Herd is 2nd choice.

As for Pattttterson, he didnt have much of an effect but didnt look lazy ?

Im sure Herd will get some game time, but with Gilbert here Herd is 2nd choice.

As for Pattttterson, he didnt have much of an effect but didnt look lazy ?

Maybe lazy is a tad harsh but he looked knackered after 20 minutes.

**** me!?! Go on holiday for a week, come back and only recgnise 3 names on that teamsheet, lets hope these signings aren't hit and miss and can gel as a team in time for Stockport.

I have a meeting in Reading this afternoon and will head down to Salisbury on completion!

Think we will see some changes to the starting formation, it's all about getting pitch time now for all the players. Corr and Paterson will probably be on the bench with Crawford and Screech starting and with Gilbert out Herd should get a start - that with Phillips coming in makes at least four changes (maybe more with one or two trialists?).

I think many of our players on Monday looked 'not match fit', including young Paterson, so to say lazy I think is out of order, they're all just back and it will take time for many of them to get their sharpness back.

I wasn't overly impessed with Corr, but think he may bring us something. Our best forward formation was when Paterson played behind Screech and got more of the ball suddenly we looked a lot more dangerous. I understand that Screech and Pato are good mates (flat share?) - think they could forge a good striking partnership this season.

Disappointed that Zaboubbbbbb isn't fit, am looking forward to see him down the left and Soares down the right.

I think the idea of it being a pre-season game is that he will mix and match his team and give people playing time. could see a few changes if we have the numbers. Any fans been asked to fill the bench tonight?

Back