• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lovely left foot on him and long throw always a good option at times too and takes a wicked in swinging corner. Could be a really decent signing. There's a nice piece online with him (think it was from the non league paper) that's worth a read. Seems to have a brain and decent work ethic! :thumbsup:

I am delighted if we are looking at a player like this. For those who have doubts about a conference player making a jump surely looking at players in our history like Tilson, Gower and Freddy are proof that players can make the jump. Ricky Otto was plucked from non league by Orient and he was one of the most exciting players to ever play for us shortly afterwards. Even Kightly career took off from non league. Players can make the jump if they have raw talent and can not only boost our league hopes but have also supported us financially. If this model is successful it is far more sustainable for a club like ours than picking off a squad full of senior players who cannot survive at top level anymore.

Great for the future- more like for U23s next year- if pre-season or next year go well then more than a few appearances on the bench.

we should be positive and realistic at the same time- if he was ready for L1 he wouldn't have had as many appearance from the bench as starts in the Conference last year.

Assuming its him of course.

Changed his bio to say Pro footballer and now follows Southend United on twitter.

2+2?

He has just liked my tweet welcoming him to the club and also said that he will give his all for the team in reply to another. Looking very likely. Comments all seem very favourable towards him as well. Could be one of those gems!

He has just liked my tweet welcoming him to the club and also said that he will give his all for the team in reply to another. Looking very likely. Comments all seem very favourable towards him as well. Could be one of those gems!

Ha ha I like your tactic of approaching possible transfer targets directly and welcoming them to the club personally. If your efforts are what sways the deals in our favour, do you think you could approach a few players a bit further up the ladder to give us the best possible shout for promotion?

Great for the future- more like for U23s next year- if pre-season or next year go well then more than a few appearances on the bench.

we should be positive and realistic at the same time- if he was ready for L1 he wouldn't have had as many appearance from the bench as starts in the Conference last year.

Assuming its him of course.

If he's good enough throw him straight in. Maybe if we had played Freddie in the U23's for a year

Ha ha I like your tactic of approaching possible transfer targets directly and welcoming them to the club personally. If your efforts are what sways the deals in our favour, do you think you could approach a few players a bit further up the ladder to give us the best possible shout for promotion?

ha ha, hadnt looked at it that way, but sure i can give it a go. Who next??

I am delighted if we are looking at a player like this. For those who have doubts about a conference player making a jump surely looking at players in our history like Tilson, Gower and Freddy are proof that players can make the jump. Ricky Otto was plucked from non league by Orient and he was one of the most exciting players to ever play for us shortly afterwards. Even Kightly career took off from non league. Players can make the jump if they have raw talent and can not only boost our league hopes but have also supported us financially. If this model is successful it is far more sustainable for a club like ours than picking off a squad full of senior players who cannot survive at top level anymore.

Each person is different of course .... but fingers crossed.

In general, I do like the thought that a player getting a chance at playing at a much higher level will be highly motivated and do his best to take the chance offered to him. :thumbsup:

According to Chris Phillips, transfer is expected to be completed this afternoon.

Winger Barratt homes in on Blues

SOUTHEND United are expected to complete the transfer of Maidenhead United winger Sam Barratt today.

More...

Back