• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

Well his record doesn't fill me with optimisim but he is still quite young so time to improve

40 games and 1 goal isn't the most exciting of records, but he's young and something caught the eye to make Leeds and then Watford sign him. Let's see how he gets on.

Interestingly, shares an agent with Matt Rush.

Well his record doesn't fill me with optimisim but he is still quite young so time to improve
He hasn't played an awful lot at first team level, but he has clearly been highly regarded wherever he's been and 15 goals in 19 for Watford at a decent standard of U23s football is cause for optimism.

This ones certainly come out of the blue. Is this the lad PB was speaking about and watched at the weekend perhaps? Either way, he has already had some big moves and some football league experience for someone of his age, could be a very smart bit of business.
A quick search on Twitter shows he was on trial at Barnet 3 days ago. The same user guessed that Kaziah Sterling was also playing (lol)

4CDF0DB5-8E21-469D-9C69-96E036A86E33.jpeg

40 games and 1 goal isn't the most exciting of records, but he's young and something caught the eye to make Leeds and then Watford sign him. Let's see how he gets on.

Interestingly, shares an agent with Matt Rush.

it's two goals in 40 games not that that makes me anymore or less confident in a player I hadn't heard of until 5 minutes ago

Absolutely astonishing but predictable negativity. First people whinge everyones to old, or why don't we sign younger talented players rather than loanees, or why haven't we signed a 6ft plus number 9. Now we sign a 21 year who who is all of these and broke into Orients first team at 16, and was then signed for a fee by both Leeds and Watford and we are instantly unhappy....

Absolutely astonishing but predictable negativity. First people whinge everyones to old, or why don't we sign younger talented players rather than loanees, or why haven't we signed a 6ft plus number 9. Now we sign a 21 year who who is all of these and broke into Orients first team at 16, and was then signed for a fee by both Leeds and Watford and we are instantly unhappy....
My thoughts exactly! I think this is potentially a great signing - given his young age, if he's a success we should be able to sell him on for a profit too.

He's certainly been highly thought of from a young age (not that he's old now at 21!)

https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co...-sam-dalby-will-have-good-career-says-3585002

Agree, let's face it, I'm sure Barry Corr didn't have a great scoring record prior to joining us - I could me wrong though!!

Welcome to the club Sam

I get what you're saying but have people really been that negative?

Absolutely this.

Interesting that Phil Brown references Barry Corr on the OS; Corr had scored 17 goals in 102 games when he joined us and, whilst that's appreciably better than Sam Dalby's return so far, it's not the level of goalscoring he managed once he was injury-free and got a decent run of games playing for us.

I remember Dalby running the show in The FA Youth Cup at Roots Hall when they beat us 6-0; I think he was only a first-year scholar at the time. If he can get anywhere near that form - bearing in mind since then he's gained first-team experience with Orient, and been at two good Academies in Leeds United and Watford - he'll be a real asset, and I see this as a very promising signing for us for the new season.

Back