• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

I like this one. Was highlighted at Orient as a really good prospect hence his subsequent moves. Has had a lot of experience in the game for his age and still can only improve.

Goalscoring records at past clubs don't tend to mean that much for players so young.

Glad to see the usual response from some posters on this site....so he hasn't scored 100 goals in 40 matches so he's no good for us, typical negative response from Some so called southend fans

According to wikipedia he is left footed and stile is similar to Harry Kane that's something to live up to
Also found this quote on his wiki interesting, from former teammate James Dayton:

"He's left-footed, has a lovely touch and he's very aware of space. He is very natural at taking the ball into space and away from pressure".

Sound like a very good signing to me, if nothing else he'll surely be an upgrade on Acquah, can see both Murphy and Rush thriving off playing with the lad.

Another promising signing and it's good that we're doing our transfer business early for once. Plenty of time and friendlies for the new boys to gel. I wonder where this leaves Akinola, though?

A right-back (presuming Elvis leaves) and a winger, and I think we'll be looking pretty well set.

Another promising signing and it's good that we're doing our transfer business early for once. Plenty of time and friendlies for the new boys to gel. I wonder where this leaves Akinola, though?

A right-back (presuming Elvis leaves) and a winger, and I think we'll be looking pretty well set.
Akinola is a completely different type of player to Murphy and Dalby. Gives us another option, although I fear PB has taken a dislike to him.

We will need more than two senior strikers for a 44 game season.

I still think we lack a playmaker in the centre of midfield, I can't see Holmes having the legs for that unless it's in a midfield 3.

People saying about negativity, at the end of the day we will have to judge him based on what he does for us and can only get behind him......BUT

if we were offered an anonymous striker but told his record is 2 goals in 38 games, you could be forgiven for being underwhelmed.

Time will tell

FWIW I feel Matt Rush is still a better prospect and deserves to be a starter to see what he can do with a run of games.

I’d have expected this to mean that Kargbo is going back to QPR, but is that not him behind Dalby in his video interview that the club have tweeted?

People need to remember that tall strikers are there to obviously score goals but also to create space for others to exploit like Murphy and Rush
exactly this. some strikers are just about goals, some are about more. we've needed someone to do the 'more' alongside Murphy who seems to be a pure goal scorer. The target man's job is to do things that fans don't see and don't appear in the goalscorer rankings, but that are huge to a team

There's a Dalby stereo system playing on the Zone at the moment. If you listen to one speaker, it's full of woe - 2 goals in 38 first team starts. In the other speaker (the one I'm listening to), are his youth and U23 stats (and he's still only 21) - a hatrick against RB Leipzig for Watford U23s, 4 in 6 games for Leeds U23s, 11 goals in 19 for Orient U18s... I think there's a real possibility this is going to prove a great signing. Welcome, Sam!

Back