• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam Hart

No great loss. Clifford is younger, arguably better already and will only improve further. Good luck Sam Hart, a decent player and clearly enjoyed his time at Southend and holds good feelings for our club ??

Sad to see him go, but he is an EFL level player so not surprised. I rated him. He and John White were the only ones to look really devastated at the final whistle v Colchester. He was especially good going forward and was able to put in accurate crosses. Good luck in the future Sam.

Him and Clifford looked really comfortable together on that left wing when given the opportunity, but the Sam Hart we got this time, was not as good as the Sam Hart we had first time round in my opinion.

Always a top bloke though, and as @Barling Magna says, seemed to care much more than some of the others. Wish him all the best, but, really.....Oldham???! The bleakest of clubs!

Him and Clifford looked really comfortable together on that left wing when given the opportunity, but the Sam Hart we got this time, was not as good as the Sam Hart we had first time round in my opinion.

Always a top bloke though, and as @Barling Magna says, seemed to care much more than some of the others. Wish him all the best, but, really.....Oldham???! The bleakest of clubs!
Bleak it may be, FL2 it definitely is!! The price we pay unfortunately.

Bleak it may be, FL2 it definitely is!! The price we pay unfortunately.

I remember Ron sat in that meeting last year on the day he signed for us and said that he was considering an offer to play abroad!

One of our 3 left backs had to go and all though he does seem a likeable bloke Hart's awareness when defending has not improved enough

First job of a full back is to be able to defend and there is no point keeping him as a makeshift LM. With no transfer window it gives us the chance to sign Ralph on a short term contract to have a look after his recovery.

Good luck back in L2 and Oldham will be paying more than us.

It's no great loss for me. Defensively very naive and dives in too much. And going forward although he had the odd brilliant game most of his performances were average. Good luck Sam but I'm sure our 2 left backs will more than cover any shortfall....

Probably an average League 2 player. As others have said, don't think he was quite as consistent, disciplined or reliable as he was in his first spell, much more haphazard and chaotic, but that may simply have been down to those around him.

I wouldn't have complained about having him here, but feel like a fit Ralph and Clifford offer more and there's no need for us to have three left-backs. Let's see how Ralph does and if he can prove his fitness early on in pre-season to get a deal.

Keith Curle is a shrewd manager and I can see why Sam Hart joined Oldham, especially as it meant staying in the EFL.

Back