• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Exiled Shrimper

Manager
Sam Higgins, who scored one goal in four Under-18s appearances for the Shrimpers at the end of the 2007/8 season, scored his first competitive goal for Chelmsford City tonight as they maintained their 100% Blue Square Bet Conference South record with a 3-0 win over highly-fancied Woking at Melbourne Stadium. Higgins, signed by the Clarets in the close season after topping the Ryman League Division One North goalscoring charts with 36 goals in 34 appearances for East Thurrock United last season, lashed the ball past former Chelsea, Watford, Millwall and Carlisle United custodian Lenny Pidgeley from Takumi Aki's pass to double City's advantage in the 16th minute.

Pidgeley has fallen a long way! I can't really remember if he was much cop or not, but he's played a lot of league footy to have ended up at Woking.

Pidgeley has fallen a long way! I can't really remember if he was much cop or not, but he's played a lot of league footy to have ended up at Woking.

He had a loan spell with the Cards a couple of seasons back, so I guess he's just headed back to somewhere he knows. Hasn't been the most auspicious of starts for him - by all accounts he was at fault for Dover's winner in Woking's opening game on Saturday, and he had a 'mare for Chelmsford's first this evening, going over to the right touchline to clear and then presenting the ball to City right-back Ben Nunn, who fired in from fully 40 yards with Pidgeley still trying to get back.

Blues' pre-season trialist Adam Tann, who played at right-back in the defeat at Dartford, has signed a contract with Chelmsford and appeared this evening at centre-half.

That said, IIRC there's been one or two decent keepers at the mighty Woking over the years

Pidegely had a trial with us in the summer I believe, as I overheard him talking to someone at the Derby game at HT.

That said, IIRC there's been one or two decent keepers at the mighty Woking over the years

That's true enough... Our own Flahavan, Schwan Jalal and another was poached by a Championship club this Summer IIRC.

And, having seen Pidgeley on a few occasions, this is probably his level. Has never taken his football seriously enough to warrant a professional career.

Back