• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam Mantom

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The Echo is reporting that Sam will be playing for the U23s today at Leyton Orient. I know he is marmite to some on here but I will be very pleased if he comes through that with no ill effects as we need a fit Sam who is on top of his game. So here's hoping.

I think that he's one of the players who does try and who it seems to matter to. Fingers crossed for him - and us.

Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder on the zone.

Mantom was awful before he got injured and I would love him to prove me wrong when he comes back but not holding my breath. Just don’t see him as the answer. Having said that, would probably still prefer him over that big time Charlie, Milligan.

One of the positions we should be focussing our attention on in January.

The Echo is reporting that Sam will be playing for the U23s today at Leyton Orient. I know he is marmite to some on here but I will be very pleased if he comes through that with no ill effects as we need a fit Sam who is on top of his game. So here's hoping.

Good try by the Echo ..... but it's at Boots and Laces !

Good try by the Echo ..... but it's at Boots and Laces !
Loathe as I am to defend the Echo, their exact words were 'against Leyton Orient' @Mick, so the mis-quote was mine. Either home or away, I'm glad he's on the way back and giving us another option in midfield.

I am a tad worried that all the coasting uncaring players will now try a bit and pull the wool over us and the club in an effort to either get a new contract or Impress fo a move. If I knew more about the individual I would take an enducated guess which it was; but Mantom has never been a "sharer/fan mingler" so my instinctive guess is that he wants away.

I am a tad worried that all the coasting uncaring players will now try a bit and pull the wool over us and the club in an effort to either get a new contract or Impress fo a move. If I knew more about the individual I would take an enducated guess which it was; but Mantom has never been a "sharer/fan mingler" so my instinctive guess is that he wants away.

he might be shy - a quiet guy ... I don't know

Mantom is a decent player- he has proved this at Walsall and Scunthorpe, and for a time here.
He does go missing on occasions for sure, and has a reputation of being a bit of a "sick note" it appears. But if Sol get the best out of him then probably he is the nearest we have to a timeline like midfielder to play along side Hutchinson.

Like Timlin I dont think his biggest asset is a playmaker and picking the perfect pass. Sometimes its how you use players to get the best out of them.

Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder on the zone.

Mantom was awful before he got injured and I would love him to prove me wrong when he comes back but not holding my breath. Just don’t see him as the answer. Having said that, would probably still prefer him over that big time Charlie, Milligan.

One of the positions we should be focussing our attention on in January.
That's what happens when you are desperate - like when you've been single too long, you forget the reasons you dumped your previous girlfriend and only remember the good bits:Hilarious:

That's what happens when you are desperate - like when you've been single too long, you forget the reasons you dumped your previous girlfriend and only remember the good bits:Hilarious:

We're all definitely desperate to score...

I think Manton is a good player. Like a number of others he has suffered with confidence in this car crash of a team. We haven't seen enough of his best but, if he could bring his A game more often, he would be an asset.

He was good when he was on loan with us, it's only when he signed permanently that it went downhill.

I honestly think it’s a confidence/mental thing with Mantom. He hides every game and is as quiet as anything, yet deep down I think he could be a decent player.

I honestly think it’s a confidence/mental thing with Mantom. He hides every game and is as quiet as anything, yet deep down I think he could be a decent player.

Unfortunately this is an attribute that is almost as important as footballing ability. Without the right mentality or mental strength you won't reach your potential. Non league is full of gifted players who don't have the mentality to succeed and the league has many players who are much more limited in ability who's application and effort make them a league player.

I remember James Stevens coming to my sunday league club and technically he was amazing. He scored some of the most amazing free kicks I have seen, his control and passing was superb but he never made it at Southend and he was always out of shape. He didn't have the mentality do train hard and have a decent diet.

Nile Ranger had undeniable talent but doesn't have the mentality to get an early night and get up for training in time.

Mantom has shown us he has ability when he was here initially on loan. There are massive question marks on his mentality though and he could easily be one of those guys who drops out of the league.

Back