• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam McQueen

The question on that thread was about whether It's "time for action" to escalate a move to a new stadium.

Maybe 'Nocky' sees the benefits of what a new stadium, academy and so on has given to his son's team and is simply showing his support for our cause.

Personally, I think people's votes should not be "hung out" on a public forum, accessible to anybody and, in that respect, 'Ricey' was spot on in removing the post, IMHO

Maybe he does.

It would be interesting to find out.

NND is not being 'hung out' by me - any Zone member can see how any other Zone member voted without any help from me.

They can, but I think It's wrong to single out a particular person and question the way they voted in a public domain.

Is it worth just dropping him a PM, rather than doing it this way?

I've PM'd with him before and he's a very decent guy and I'm sure would be happy to discuss it. I doubt there's anything underlying.

Dear arrogant Ricey.

This thread is about McQueen.

McQueen's dad posts large on this thread.

McQueen's dad thinks action should be taken against Phil or Ron.

This must repeat must be related to McQueen and his spell at Roots Hall.

Therefore my questioning why he wants action is not off topic or irrelevant.

What is not interesting about why the father of an ex player who posts on the Zone wants action against Phil/Ron?

First off there is nothing arrogant about me or my actions, you've come onto a thread that is about Sam McQueen and are trying to bother someone about a subject that isn't to do with his son. NND voted on that thread and if he wishes to tell you why then that up to him if he wishes not too then again that is fine.

Like AndyT says why have you purposely singled out NND and questioned why he voted yes? I voted yes why are not you pestering me as to why I voted yes and haven't explained it. The fact he is Sam's dad is irrespective to it, he is entitled to a vote and an opinion.

In future if you have a problem with either something I have done or another mod/owner please use the PM feature.

This matter is closed, please continue with talk about Sam. If you want to continue our discussion further feel free to PM me.

First off there is nothing arrogant about me or my actions, you've come onto a thread that is about Sam McQueen and are trying to bother someone about a subject that isn't to do with his son. NND voted on that thread and if he wishes to tell you why then that up to him if he wishes not too then again that is fine.

Like AndyT says why have you purposely singled out NND and questioned why he voted yes? I voted yes why are not you pestering me as to why I voted yes and haven't explained it. The fact he is Sam's dad is irrespective to it, he is entitled to a vote and an opinion.

In future if you have a problem with either something I have done or another mod/owner please use the PM feature.

This matter is closed, please continue with talk about Sam. If you want to continue our discussion further feel free to PM me.

No, nothing arrogant at all - clearly.

Why would I want to PM you?

Heard tonight on Sky Sports News that Sam took an elbow in the face for trying to stop a Milan player from turfing up the penalty spot when the saints were awarded a penalty.

Heard tonight on Sky Sports News that Sam took an elbow in the face for trying to stop a Milan player from turfing up the penalty spot when the saints were awarded a penalty.

Good find, cheers Manor.

Have to agree with you, he was a tad late dropping to the ground, I was going to say it could have changed the outcome of the game, but the end result was a positive one for the saints anyway. So no harm done really. Although, I do hope that the Inter Milan player is fined by Uefa (or who ever) for dirty tactics with scuffing up the penalty spot.

Always taught him to be honest. All depends on your perspective. As a Christian mine is eternal. If you watch Sam's interview snapshot on the ITV highlights you'll see that he's struggling with his conscience in it. I'm proud that he didn't roll around like the standard continental players. It's not the British way either is it.

Would of been good to get him on loan for this season, could have played left back, LOL, Europa league or Checkatrade trophy!

Southampton have invested in him long term, so I suspect there's more to that player than we saw in his brief time with us. Shame he showed at a time when we had more players than fans and were chopping and changing for fun.

Completely agree, he's been with the saints since he was 6 years old, & now signed a four and a half year contract keeping him at the club until 2021.

I'm very pleased for him. It's always nice to see club loyalty rewarded, in this fickle world of modern football.

Completely agree, he's been with the saints since he was 6 years old, & now signed a four and a half year contract keeping him at the club until 2021.

I'm very pleased for him. It's always nice to see club loyalty rewarded, in this fickle world of modern football.

So are we. Southampton is a special club regarding the academy. Sam has been there nearly 14 years since he was 8
https://twitter.com/southamptonfc/status/805811877565579264

Have to say was worried beginning of year he would stagnate in U21s and at his age needed to go out on loan again to be playing- proved very wrong. Pleased for him. Seemed a good guy.

Very proud to hear that he has his first proper international call up for the national side!!

Well done Sam!!

Play with a Shrimp(er) on your sleeve & you will do well my son!!

(PS also Cauley Woodrow also in the squad) :thumbsup:

Being linked with a move to Bristol City.

Back