• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Samuel Eto'o - 60p/second deal

This will make him even more of a target for the racist idiots that go to football games in Russia

Anyone know how that compares to what Tom Cruise or Leonardo DiCraprio earn?

Will Eto'o, playing for (let's be honest) an obscure club in Russia generate anything like the revenue that Cruise or Di Caprio make for the film producers who employ him? As an example, Cruise is reputed to have earned (in total) c. $75m for Mission Impossible II - on any analysis, a huge amount of money.

But then that film took $547m at the box office; and in that context, $75m isn't a lot.

To scale those figures down to a comparable level, to justify Eto'o's payment of $29.6m, his club will need to be making annual revenues of $216m. In 2009/10, only the top 10 clubs in Europe generated those sorts of revenues (Real, Bar$a, Man U, Bayern, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Liverpool, Inter, Juventus). I can't see Anzhi Makhachkala breaking into that group any time soon.

So, on that basis, it's a ludicrous sum of money.

Will Eto'o, playing for (let's be honest) an obscure club in Russia generate anything like the revenue that Cruise or Di Caprio make for the film producers who employ him? As an example, Cruise is reputed to have earned (in total) c. $75m for Mission Impossible II - on any analysis, a huge amount of money.

But then that film took $547m at the box office; and in that context, $75m isn't a lot.

To scale those figures down to a comparable level, to justify Eto'o's payment of $29.6m, his club will need to be making annual revenues of $216m. In 2009/10, only the top 10 clubs in Europe generated those sorts of revenues (Real, Barca, Man U, Bayern, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Liverpool, Inter, Juventus). I can't see Anzhi Makhachkala breaking into that group any time soon.

So, on that basis, it's a ludicrous sum of money.

There are plenty of films that stars get paid millions for that flop at the box office though.

If Eto'o's goals fire Anzhi Makhachjpkalala into the Champions League latter stages and establishes them as one of Europe's top clubs then maybe they make their money back. I don't think it's particularly good value for money or a particularly wise business plan (and Eto'o is no Barry Corr) but I don't see why footballers should be begrudged the rewards when film stars aren't.

This will make him even more of a target for the racist idiots that go to football games in Russia

Not all supporters who go to football games in Russia are racist.I recently saw Locomotiv Moscu play Spartak(Slovakia)in a EUFA cup game.Locomotiv finished with 3 black players on their side(2 subs)and I certainly heard no obvious racist chants from the 30,000+crowd.
Could be Locomotiv are a special case as their manager is Portuguese and they've recently signed the Spanish midfielder Alberto Zapater.I've no idea.
Great fans.Big rails indeed.:thumbsup:

Not all supporters who go to football games in Russia are racist.I recently saw Locomotiv Moscu play Spartak(Slovakia)in a EUFA cup game.Locomotiv finished with 3 black players on their side(2 subs)and I certainly heard no obvious racist chants from the 30,000+crowd.
Could be Locomotiv are a special case as their manager is Portuguese and they've recently signed the Spanish midfielder Alberto Zapater.I've no idea.

I didn't mean they're all racist, though I seem to remember Lokomotiv Moscow's fans holding up a banner with a picture of a banana on it in response to Odemwingie leaving for West Brom, so I think there are probably racist minorities at every club.

Then there was the fans throwing a banana at Roberto Carlos... I wonder what it'll be like at the World Cup in 2018?

There are plenty of films that stars get paid millions for that flop at the box office though.

If Eto'o's goals fire Anzhi Makhachjpkalala into the Champions League latter stages and establishes them as one of Europe's top clubs then maybe they make their money back. I don't think it's particularly good value for money or a particularly wise business plan (and Eto'o is no Barry Corr) but I don't see why footballers should be begrudged the rewards when film stars aren't.

Its clearly not a wise business plan but I presume they are the plaything of an Oligarch who can afford such ridiculous sums of money?

Oh and if they were to get into the CL how on earth will they pass EUFA's financial test!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11860_7120109,00.html

This is crazy...

£1.45m a month
£52,083 a day
£2,170 an hour
60p a second

They're also paying £22m to Inter on top of all this!!

Makes me feel a little sick.

How did you work that out!!!

The £17.9M deal is over 3 years so its;

£5.966,666M a year
£497,222 a month
£114,743 a week

So nowhere near what Man United pay Rooney or Man City pay Toure

Still a ridiculus amount of money though

BBC are reporting that the deal is worth;

£8.7M a year
£725,000 a month
£167, 307 a week

Stupid money!

Not all supporters who go to football games in Russia are racist.I recently saw Locomotiv Moscu play Spartak(Slovakia)in a EUFA cup game.Locomotiv finished with 3 black players on their side(2 subs)and I certainly heard no obvious racist chants from the 30,000+crowd.Could be Locomotiv are a special case as their manager is Portuguese and they've recently signed the Spanish midfielder Alberto Zapater.I've no idea.

Nor did I, but then offhand, I'm sure of the Russian for 'N****r, or C**n.....

They are all overpaid far to much for the jobs they do..entertainment or not, it is sickening these vast amounts amounts of money are banded about to individuals.

They are all overpaid far to much for the jobs they do..entertainment or not, it is sickening these vast amounts amounts of money are banded about to individuals.

BUT, if you are worker for a Company, and it is your work that generates a shed load of wonga for that firm, then you are going to feel entitled to a fair share.

Rooney generates millions for Man Utd (as an example). His goals, and his name. Why shouldn't he get paid vast amounts of money for that...

BUT, if you are worker for a Company, and it is your work that generates a shed load of wonga for that firm, then you are going to feel entitled to a fair share.

Rooney generates millions for Man Utd (as an example). His goals, and his name. Why shouldn't he get paid vast amounts of money for that...

Because he is bald, ugly and generally a total ****.He is an awful role model for younger kids yet gets paid fortunes for being a nob...we wonder why kids make these guys their superstars..The mind boggles.

Because he is bald, ugly and generally a total ****.He is an awful role model for younger kids yet gets paid fortunes for being a nob...we wonder why kids make these guys as superstars..The mind boggles.

That sort of comeback though, indicates your viewpoint is based on jealously. I could have used Tevez at Man City, Fabregas at Barca as other examples, but your only comeback, although clearly tongue in cheek, was to insult Rooney the person...

No not jealous at all..I would of said the same reply to any of them...or for that matter most film stars....I would however say Beckham is a very good example to youngsters even though he is overpaid...I know you will agree with me there as you have man love for DB.

Back