• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sankofa.....!!!

DTS

The Business
Sorry to be negative after a good win and in the middle of such a good run but if I have to watch him play much more I am going to hurl myself from my seat in the South Upper.

Can someone please explain to me how he has made starts at Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury?

At right back he offers little if anything. A decent basic defender at best but so one dimensional it is untrue going forward.

At centre back last night despite the fact he only really had one out and out forward to deal with (And lets be honest Clarkey had him covered) he still looked poor.

Nearly cost us the game by misjuding the ball that did/didnt hit his hand late on. Every time he went for a header it went upwards not away and his distribution even over 10 yards was appaling. He is no better than Lewis Hunt was and at least he could chip in with the odd goal here and there.

I really hope Tilly see's the light in the summer as I cant watch him anymore. W@nkfoa or Sankawful call him what you will - Enough is enough.

Last edited:
I think he is an acceptable backup but not worthy of a starting place. Every time he went forward when he got to the edge of the box he just passed it anywhere. I think if Hartlepool hadn't got their pen they would have got the Sankofa handball which was a clear pen. Tilly should have given Herd a chance and everyone who knocks Barrett and Clarke together, would you really prefer Clarke and Sankofa to Clarke and Barrett?

Odd goal, 2 in 146 apps? Hardly any significant return.

I think it is harsh on Sankofa, I couldn't go last night because of work but my parents didn't mention anything about his performance.

That said, I would rather hav Francis and use Sankofa as a tool to buck Simon's ideas up!

Odd goal, 2 in 146 apps? Hardly any significant return.

I think it is harsh on Sankofa, I couldn't go last night because of work but my parents didn't mention anything about his performance.

That said, I would rather hav Francis and use Sankofa as a tool to buck Simon's ideas up!

I remember Lewis Hunt scoring at West Brom home, Sheff Wed away, Brighton Home and thats without even trying.

Appologies. It was 3 goals in 137 apps. Massive difference.

Can't use that as an argument for why a full back is better, since it really isn't their job.

I'm not however arguing that Sankofa is better than Hunt, but if your going to judge on goals then give Sankofa 100+ apps.

As players, Hunt would seem the more complete player. Sankofa I can see slipping down the leagues as his nothing more than a standard L1/L2 right back, and not a particuarly good one at that.

If there is one thing Tilly must learn from last night it is that Sankofa is NOT, repeat NOT a centre back.

He was dreadful.

Looked frightened whenever he got the ball and only ever gave it to Clarke or Francis. There weren't many other passes but what there was went wayward.

I counted at least 3 times when he let the ball bounce instead of heading clear. That is criminal for a decent adult defender at Sunday league level, let alone a pro footballer.

His positioning was dreadful and I can't actually remember him making a decent challenge all game.

At right back, he does a job. At centre back, he almost becomes the oppositions star player.

Never again in the middle please Tilly.

I think he's ok at RB, even pretty good at times, but clearly not a CB. Reminded me of a rabbit caught in the headlights at times last night.

I thought his handball was going to get given, thought he had a bad game. Buttttttt, he made one of the best challenges Ive seen on Drogba from 6 yards at stamford bridge and for that he definitely deserves to be in the squad. Not a centre back though! so on the bench and alternate him and francis when need be

I thought his handball was going to get given, thought he had a bad game. Buttttttt, he made one of the best challenges Ive seen on Drogba from 6 yards at stamford bridge and for that he definitely deserves to be in the squad. Not a centre back though! so on the bench and alternate him and francis when need be

That one tackle alone gives him cult status, amazing amazing tackle

Sign Dorian now..

Never I repeat never play Sankofa in that position again!!!

How many times did Clarke and Grant have to cover his ***, due to some basic errors.

Come on you Blues

Sign Dorian now..

Never I repeat never play Sankofa in that position again!!!

How many times did Clarke and Grant have to cover his ***, due to some basic errors.

Come on you Blues

I actually think that's why Grant was playing last night, as cover for Sankofa rather than as a midfield player.

Has Sankofa ever played centre back before? Cause if he hasnt I dont see why we didnt put Francis there and Sanks right, or bring Herd in and put Barrett in the centre (unless Herd was unavailable which Im not sure on).

But if we were to go up, we would come straight back down again, unless we could sign someone like Dorian Dervite which imo is very unlikely.

Has Sankofa ever played centre back before? Cause if he hasnt I dont see why we didnt put Francis there and Sanks right, or bring Herd in and put Barrett in the centre (unless Herd was unavailable which Im not sure on).

But if we were to go up, we would come straight back down again, unless we could sign someone like Dorian Dervite which imo is very unlikely.

He played there for us in the JPT against Orient where we lost 4-2. That was the night Mildy came in for stick but most of it was down to an appalling formation and the fact that Sankofa was at centre back IMO.

After our chat last week Dave, i thought this might be coming!!

TBH he was pretty awful last night ( worse than Barrett - at CB! ) and that is saying something at times.

Kev

Sorry to be negative after a good win and in the middle of such a good run but if I have to watch him play much more I am going to hurl myself from my seat in the South Upper.

Can someone please explain to me how he has made starts at Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury?

At right back he offers little if anything. A decent basic defender at best but so one dimensional it is untrue going forward.

At centre back last night despite the fact he only really had one out and out forward to deal with (And lets be honest Clarkey had him covered) he still looked poor.

Nearly cost us the game by misjuding the ball that did/didnt hit his hand late on. Every time he went for a header it went upwards not away and his distribution even over 10 yards was appaling. He is no better than Lewis Hunt was and at least he could chip in with the odd goal here and there.

I really hope Tilly see's the light in the summer as I cant watch him anymore. W@nkfoa or Sankawful call him what you will - Enough is enough.

I said all this 3 weeks ago and got slaughtered as usual!

I said all this 3 weeks ago and got slaughtered as usual!

YEP, and i agreed with you. He is supposed to be a centre back, but he was awful, just as he is as right back. What I found most amusing, is that when at right back he never comes past the half way line. Last night, he made several runs forward from centre back. He is useless, end of.

Back