• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sankofa.....!!!

Sankofa seemed like he didn't want to communicate with anybody in the defence. The ball would float in Mildenhall calls for it Clarke and Barrett seemed fine with leaving it but Sankofa would wait for it and make a terrible effort at getting the ball away.

Sorry cant read all the above, but IMO Sankofa was clueless - dont EVER want to see him there again!! Think his 'pass completion' was 100% fail!! Dreadful.

I thought he was decisive, good distribution, good communication with the defence (although Sankofa seemed somehow oblivious to it).

Missed one cross he came for, but that happens from time to time. Not sure if the sight of a six foot four, 14 stone keeper coming at him, put the attacker off or not, but the header went well wide. I'm not going to get overly worried about him missing one cross. He also plucked out a couple of other crosses, including one cut-back that showed the advantage of having a keeper who leaves his line. Good early decision making and a good reach means they looked more straight forward than a lesser keeper might have made them look. It is often the case that the good players make things look easy.

Didn't have much chance with either goal. Made one very smart save, although the linesman's flag was already up, so solid enough display.

How's your beloved doing at Leeds?

Couldn't have put it better myself YB, it's so much more reassuring having Mildy in between the posts. I no longer have my heart in my mouth at every set-piece/cross into our box. Decisive, commanding and an all-round solid L1 keeper.

Early saeson he was poor but we've seen the real Mildy over the past couple of months.

.....and you forgot to mention the pathetic effort for there 2nd goal!

Lol, come on wiggy you're on a wind-up now surely. If you can seriously attach any blame to Mildenhall for Hartlepool's second goal then what tiny credibility you have on this board has surely disappeared into oblivion.

Will stick up for Sankofa by saying at times he was covering centre back and right back, as Francis kept bombing forward and leaving our right side exposed- thats where all the trouble (and their 2nd goal) came from. We cant have the situation where Scannell comes inside and leaves Francis on his own, as it encourages him to move forward, leaving gaps at the back. Either we need a more disciplined defensive right sided player or Sankofa needs to come back in at right back.

I'm not saying he's great, I'm saying he's the Black Che Wilson, someone who can come in and do a job within his limitations. .

waisis.gif

Back