• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Santa zones out on Shrimps

Wycombe - Win
Burton - Loss
Cambridge - Win
Dagenham - Loss
Northampton - Draw

* 7pts,
* We'll score 6 goals (prob 1 being a pen).
* We'll 5th in the table

1. How many points will we get and WHY: 15 because we're ****ing great.
2. As a result where will we sit in he table: Top because we're ****ing great.
3.as the clincher in case of a tie, How many goals will we score.?: 15 because we're ****ing great.

Is it hometime yet :sad:

Ok i will go for

Wycombe Draw 1-1
Burton Draw 0-0
Cambridge Win 1-0
Dagenham Win 3-0
Northampton Loss 0-2

We will probally be 4th in the table

So Eight Points

I'm going to buck the trend and predict that the curse of Manager of the Month hits again. I hope I'm wrong but this isn't all actually what I REALLY think, but there needs to be some balance here. Everything is far too positive.

So -

Wycombe - Lose 2-1. I'm in Edinburgh so can't make it and I'd be gutted if we put in a cracker of a performance and I missed it.

Burton - Draw 1-1. Tough side to beat.

Cambridge - Lose 2-0. We are always useless against sides coming up from the Conference.

Dagenham - Draw 2-2. A cracker of a game where we can't get the better of them.

Northampton - Win 2-1. Our yo-yo form changes to start an unbeaten run again...

So, that's 5 points and we'll be 7th.

Wycombe - Win 2-0

Burton - Lose 0-1.

Cambridge - Win 2-1.

Dagenham - Win 2-0.

Northampton - Win 1-0.

12 points and top of the table.

Cheers folks for more entries.

Amazingly out of 17 of us only 4 think we will lose at Wycombe!! 8 think we WIN, positive stuff! On the other hand , history is crawling all over our minds for the next game up, Home to Burton the bogeys, as only 4 of us predict the win??!! At Home to crap-y old Burton of all teams, who we outplayed all of last season on every occasion, maybe that's the reason though

Keep your wit and wisdom coming.

Who will be the octopus? It was an Octopus I think that kept predicting the world cup results , or something like that.

Only Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning left now to pit your skill. So to up the ante I will add a fiver to the Zone fund in the name of anyone who predicts all 5 results correctly ( not the actual score )

Last chance this a.m to demonstrate your knowledge and predictive skills, all for a good cause......US!

After just 2 of our 5 xmas games ( and 1 point) only 2 people out of all the participants are wearing the golden hat of predicting the results so far correctly. So well done rib999 and tbm!! Rib predicts a draw at Cambridge and tbm a defeat. We shall see which one moves on to 3 straight correct predictions of the games. Not looking good for the win? but happy Xmas to you all on Shrimperzone

Basically nobody could predict our performance beyond 2 games!!
However if we win today at least Chappertz and Slapheadsteve would have correctly predicted just 8 points from a possible 15 over the 5 Xmas games. We sit on a miserable 5 points from a possible 12 currently as our performance over this tough period. However cant dismiss the fact that overall we are 1 point up on where we were last year. Happy New Year to all, After todays result I will cough up the extras as promised to SZ!!

So thats it then , nobody can predict what our club will do beyond 2 matches , or predict correctly how many points over the 5 key Xmas games. Ribeye and streaky came close with their predictions of just 5 and 7 points. 6 points out of 15 is hardly promotion kicking on and inspiring to be honest, but hardly surprising given Phils consistent failure to address the striker issues!
However you can see it as the glass half full or empty syndrome. Full wise one loss in 10 games is very good. Empty wise 3 goals in 5 key games is pathetic and if you go back to October 5 wins , 5 losses and 5 draws is mid -table stuff!!
To finish this thread as promised I will now arrange to more than double my subscription to the Zone.

Back