• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Satellite Upgrade

Davros

The Whippet
Where i live, i share communal satallite with 4 flats. Have just recieved a letter to say that the equiptment is to be upgraded in May-Jul time next year, and what upgrade would i favour.

Currently, the system is set up so that i have Sky, but it only has one feed, as there are only 3 outputs on the digital face plate, one satalite, one ariel and one DAB, (so i can use Sky+ but only record one feed, ie, the same as im watching).

I Believe this is known as an IRS 5 wire system. From what i have read, this system itself could potentially support a 4 output face plate, all they would have to do is run an extra cable down so i could have 2 Sky feeds.

However, the only two options that we have been offered is to upgrade to a 9 wire IRS system or a 13 wire IRS system. From what i have read, for what i want, this is unessacery, as the only additional advantage is that i would be able to pick up "Foreign" satallite channels, and the annoying point is, the cost of upragding to 9wire or 13 wire per residence is £245 / £280 respectively.

Could someone who knows a bit about Tv's etc confirm or deny my beliefs.

Cheers

Dav

Back