• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No club is going to agree to that, especially those in the Championship who get more money through televised games than those in Lg1.

Read the earlier posts about the TV money being increased.

Plenty of merit on this idea, for sure.

In conjunction, with lesser league games, an expansion of the League Cup to a regionalized group competition in the early stages could work to put back a couple of midweek games, with the bonus that they will be against clubs like Fulham or even West Ham in our group, rather than a league game away at Bury.

Rather simplistic, how would 'more tv money' be distributed when there's a big disparity between the likes of say a Luton and a Morecambe
in size of gates and each clubs potential loss of income due to less home gates plus all associated money earning activities on a matchday?

That's always been the case. Each club in L2 gets the same amount, as does each club in L1.

Sky and the PL could easily double what L1 and L2 get at the moment so we would be better off financially under the new structure.

That's always been the case. Each club in L2 gets the same amount, as does each club in L1.

Sky and the PL could easily double what L1 and L2 get at the moment so we would be better off financially under the new structure.

"Could" being the operative word...but would they? Doubt those clubs with bigger support / income would back an idea whereby they are left out of pocket by having fewer home matches.

Yep that was crazy situation with Bishop Stortford.
Almost as bad as when Southend were in the Southern League Div 2 1912/13 season. 10 Welsh teams out of 13 teams in the Division. The only other 2 English teams were Luton and Croydon.

I wonder how away many fans we took to Mid Rhondda or Mardy. I bet Phil Cox would have gone had he been around then:hilarious:

Apparently they were pretty hostile places to visit. They didn't like us much then either!

Oxford City were another club who unexpectedly found themselves promoted into Conf North to make up the number ,
only transferred across into Conf South in recent seasons.

"Could" being the operative word...but would they? Doubt those clubs with bigger support / income would back an idea whereby they are left out of pocket by having fewer home matches.

Under the proposal the clubs would be getting more money otherwise obviously none of them would vote for it.

So it's not really a good idea then as I see it. There's minimal lower league shown on tv and wouldn't envisage SKY (or whoever) seeing much benefit to be gained from pumping in a serious amount of dosh into a division in which they have little interest.

So it's not really a good idea then as I see it. There's minimal lower league shown on tv and wouldn't envisage SKY (or whoever) seeing much benefit to be gained from pumping in a serious amount of dosh into a division in which they have little interest.

The changes proposed weren't for Sky's benefit. As we are way off the Saturday night theme, you would be best off looking them up yourself, if your that interested.

Could this be anything to do with ifollow steaming live games from next season in the UK except at 3.00pm on Saturday?

Needless to say it's not a committee. It's all done by computer. There are so many variables that are input that some hard away games are inevitable. Frankly it's a thankless task.

Francis wasn’t happy about this. He spent hours putting these together every season. Now, no thankly, it is a Frank less task.

The changes proposed weren't for Sky's benefit. As we are way off the Saturday night theme, you would be best off looking them up yourself, if your that interested.

You want to read carefully what you posted previously to which I've responded in kind. Your comments on restructuring are far too simplistic.....would need massive changes in the non-league set-up to achieve.

You want to read carefully what you posted previously to which I've responded in kind. Your comments on restructuring are far too simplistic.....would need massive changes in the non-league set-up to achieve.

Then that's a different discussion point.

Yo were (rightly) questioning the financial aspects of the proposal. Which by all accounts including loss of match day stadium revenue, will be more than compensated by a bigger slice of the £8b TV contract.

I was just giving you a very brief outline of the plans, I'm not here to sell it to anyone....Just asking how would fans feel about a lower league/non league restructure.

One thing is certain, under the current set up it has become almost impossible for a small club to survive in the Championship as the jump is just to big. There are no parachute payments if you drop into L1 so as we have already proved to our selves this can spell financial disaster for the likes of us.

Back